Ordinance against infantry

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This came up in a Starter Kit game: artillery fires at and hits infantry and then subsequently rolls boxcars for effect. Is this a dud? Couldn’t find this in the Starter Kit, but C7.35 seems to say it is. If it is in SK please give me the rule number. Thanks.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
It is not a dud. ASLSK does not have duds, but even if it did per C7.35 only a TK DR can be a dud, and the effects DR vs infantry is not a TK DR. That said in most circumstances it might as well be a dud.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Only for PF, IIRC.
Interesting. Even more interesting is that ASLSK uses the term "dud" without explaining what that means.

And it is also no effect on the IFT, making it a "dud" against infantry as well as vehicles. And that is true in ASL as well.

JR

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi

Is that true of the Ruskie 122L - a 12 is a NMC and the German 150mm that comes on those SPA's etc that we see sometimes - thats a 1NMC

Its the only time I get to roll a 12 with effect

My THoughts

Rob:)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hi

Is that true of the Ruskie 122L - a 12 is a NMC and the German 150mm that comes on those SPA's etc that we see sometimes - thats a 1NMC

My THoughts

Rob:)
Then you are truly lucky.

I get effects when I roll a 12 almost all of the time: Guns breaking down, Cowering, Multiple casualties, Immobilization due to to Mechanical Reliability, Duds, PFs burning its firer, ignnomiously getting shot by small arms of a tank crew in CC, falling down Cliffs, stepping on Booby traps, not finding anything when Searching, going Berserk or Surrendering. There's no end to it... :D

von Marwitz

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Hi

A critical hit on the infantry or area target type could easily score a result on a twelve effects DR, especially when reversed TEM &/| (leet-speek for and/or) FFNAM (&/| FFMO) are applied as DRMs. With 70+ a CH on a unit in a stone building using NAM will score a 2MC on a twelve effects DR.

JR