Order of Battle (OOB)

John Osborne

Reaction score
Hey guys, this may not be in the right thread, but how do you get a copy of the OOB from the scenario "Two Weeks in Normandy"? If I'm going to be on the German side of this workshop, I would like to have a hard copy of the forces.

Thanks,
John

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
John Osborne said:
Hey guys, this may not be in the right thread, but how do you get a copy of the OOB from the scenario "Two Weeks in Normandy"? If I'm going to be on the German side of this workshop, I would like to have a hard copy of the forces.
You could do a scenario dump. Be prepared to be inundated with data though...:surprise:

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, I'll expedite work on a simplified OOB for both sides -won't include unit strengths, just formation names and composition. Stay tuned...

John Osborne

Reaction score
JAMiAM, not trying to be ignorant on scenario dump :D But could you explain on how to do that :D I don't see that term in the TOAW III manual.

John

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
John Osborne said:
JAMiAM, not trying to be ignorant on scenario dump :D But could you explain on how to do that :D I don't see that term in the TOAW III manual.

John
Hi John,

You can do a scenario dump from the Editor - selecting File > "Dump Scenario As" - and you can open up the file in Wordpad or most text editors - it gives you A LOT of information. I need some aspirin...

ha...

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A quick note that the Allied Order of Battle for Two Weeks in Normandy has been posted and is available at via the Downloads, Under Matrix - TOAW - MISC.

[Edited, thanks Veers, I checked and my link didn't work either; it worked earlier I thought - but, in the middle of two large downloads, too - so, it is there and I will include it and the Axis OOB in the scenario mod by JAMIAM. And I will figure out how to make that link work...link removed for now...so...just...um...go there...]

It is a zipped MS Word Document. OOB is organized by area of operation (Omaha Beach, Sword Beach, etc.), includes unit Formation Support Levels and an area for your notes - for use by players who enjoy detail in their planning. 100% optional document not necessary for the workshop. Axis file to be available shortly.

Last edited:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Regarding the Allied OOB...I could just be daft, but I was getting a "The page cannot be displayed" anyone else get that?

EDIT:
However, I did go hunting in the d/l section and found it there. Apparently my link failed to be the proper place...Although, I thought I had tested it...

Last edited:

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I got that too - looking into it...meanwhile, it is in the download area...ha...sometimes some things work...and sometimes, they don't...sometimes I feel like I'm a nut...

PDF

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I got the oob, useful stuff, thx !
But is that me or are USAF and all naval units missing ? :crosseye:

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PDF said:
I got the oob, useful stuff, thx !
But is that me or are USAF and all naval units missing ? :crosseye:
Air Force elements weren't highly detailed, they are added at the end (England). Naval elements are represented in the different Naval Task Forces assigned to each beach - BB= battleship, CA = cruiser.

Not being savvy on Air Force terminologies...I wasn't sure if they were flights, wings or squadrons, or something else...

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A quick note that the Axis Order of Battle for 2 Weeks in Normandy has been posted...in that same area - will have a functional link tomorrow...hopefully; looks like others are finding the Allied OOB.

Axis OOB is a tad bit more complicated as some battalions are broken down into companies, formations come in throughout different areas and turns. Hopefully it will make sense - basically same format as with Allies.

If there's any major issues with it, let me know...really the OOB should be edited a bit, but will take notes over the course of the workshop play, compile the list and perhaps make the mods afterwards.

Anyway... Have a good one!

Mark