Oracle VM Died and now to start all over.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
So I am very sad, my most excellent VM I have been running decided to poo-poo on me with:

Code:
Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Windows 10 Pro.

VDI: Error reading the block table in 'D:\VirtualBox VMs\Windows\Windows 10 Pro\Windows 10 Pro.vdi' (VERR_IO_CRC).

VD: error VERR_IO_CRC opening image file 'D:\VirtualBox VMs\Windows\Windows 10 Pro\Windows 10 Pro.vdi' (VERR_IO_CRC).

Failed to open image 'D:\VirtualBox VMs\Windows\Windows 10 Pro\Windows 10 Pro.vdi' in read-write mode (VERR_IO_CRC).

AHCI: Failed to attach drive to Port0 (VERR_IO_CRC).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
First anyone know how to fix this/that?

Lost some good data stuff there...sadfacecry

Will have to rebuild a vasl thingy, with maps and extensions all over again (more sad face frownies)...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
From what I read this indicates an error on the disc the .vdi is saved on. I would suggest checking your physical disc. I don't think there is any recovery other than restoring the .vdi from backup.

JR

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
From what I read this indicates an error on the disc the .vdi is saved on. I would suggest checking your physical disc. I don't think there is any recovery other than restoring the .vdi from backup.

JR
Yeah that is essentially what I have read, doing a chkdsk now, at 11% hope it helps so I can recover files.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Well awesome news!

After I ran that chkdsk it fixed some bad bytes on that drive and my VM started up!

Need to creat a snapshot and back stuff up, thanks for listening.