Opportunity Fire and Leadership / Heroic DRM

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I designate a squad for Opp Fire in the PFPh, and I move a leader and/or hero into the same location as the opp fire'd squad, do the leadership and/or heroic DRMs apply to the squad's fire in the AFPh?

(a) YES - SMCs can move with other units and apply their DRMs in the AFPh as usual, so sure.
(b) NO - the footnote for Opp Fire describes it as "more careful" Prep Fire, and hence maybe the DRMs should not apply since the SMC was not with the unit during the PFPh.

If "YES", this is another nice little Opp Fire trick to pull out of your hat.

Alan

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it is A since there are no exceptions for this under A10.7 for disallowing leadership modifiers.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A hero have its FP halved for firing in the AFPh without being marked with an OppFire counter. You can also move other units that are not leaders/heroes into the hex and/or adjacent and fire as a firegroup.

JR

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe there is Q&A that says, however, a leader that is not also marked OpFire cannot direct multiple ROF attacks in the AFPh.

buser333

Reaction score
Remember there is no heroic modifier if firing outside his or his weapon's normal range.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The perfect weapon is a US .50cal HMG crewed by two fanatic heroes, directed by a 10-3 leader.

buser333

Reaction score
I have yet to drive a hero around manning an AAMG. It's on the ASL Bucket List, which gets shorter all the time.