Opponent wanted. European time zone.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hellow:

I used to play a lot 20-30 years ago, and I have been playing a few games since last year, via vasl, and even some face to face. I looking for opponents that make me remember how to play properly.

I can play on weekends (at any time of the day), and some evenings on working days. I dont want to play PBEM.

Juan

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi,
I am in Switzerland.
I can play Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons.
I use Skype - or Whatsapp (but it is less confortable).
Send me a pm if you are interested.

Ian Kenney

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
ll
Hellow:

I used to play a lot 20-30 years ago, and I have been playing a few games since last year, via vasl, and even some face to face. I looking for opponents that make me remember how to play properly.

I can play on weekends (at any time of the day), and some evenings on working days. I dont want to play PBEM.

Juan
Hi SantaX, I'm exactl;y the same as you. Played Panzer Leader/Panzer Blitz and then squad leader in the 80s/90s and then kids/job/moving house/getting married (not in that order) got in the way and I ended up selling all my ASL stuff. Wish I hadn't.

Got back into after a chance conversation with a friend started me wondering about whterh ASL still even existed. Here I am 6 months later and really getting into it.

ian

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi SantaX, I'm exactl;y the same as you. Played Panzer Leader/Panzer Blitz and then squad leader in the 80s/90s and then kids/job/moving house/getting married (not in that order) got in the way and I ended up selling all my ASL stuff. Wish I hadn't.

Got back into after a chance conversation with a friend started me wondering about whterh ASL still even existed. Here I am 6 months later and really getting into it.

ian
Yes! That’s the history of my life! My first board game was Panzer Leader; but before that,in 1976 when I was 11, my brother got the PSL war gaming rules of WWII for miniatures: we played with the AIRFIX models. Latter I bought SL, CoI, and so on... The only difference with you is that I didn’t got rid of my ASL/SL range...

I came back to the game, and have attended two ftf tournaments here in Spain (Madrid and Barcelona), maybe 15 VASL games with Spanish players and 6 with “international” players from this forum. And I can say two things: every game I learn something and ASL is as addictive as the worst drug!

MichalS

Reaction score
First name
Michal
Country
llSlovakia
Hi, I started playing a year ago, played about 50 games so far. Starting to get comfortble with the rules.
I am also based in the European time zone and available most of the weeknights.
Skype should work.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi, I started playing a year ago, played about 50 games so far. Starting to get comfortble with the rules.
I am also based in the European time zone and available most of the weeknights.
Skype should work.
I sent you that pm

Regards