OPFOR Challenge II: Round 1 begins!

Hub

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I guess I spoke too soon about the game working OK. All patches applied and hoops jumped through...

Last edited:

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Guys,

I am currently playing Hub and my Victory Result screen is showing the same info as Hub's.

The turn eight results are:

Blue Victory Points 412 Red Victory Points 308
Blues Losses 36% Red Losses 34%

Current Strength 196 Current Strength 136

At the start of turn one they were:

Blue Victory Points 0 Red Victory Points 0
Blues Losses 0 Red Losses 0

Current Strength 198 Current Strength 148

And at the end of game turn one they were:

Blue Victory Points 0 Red Victory Points 0
Blues Losses 35% Red Losses 28%

Current Strength 198 Current Strength 148

If my maths is correct if I started with a strength of 198 and now have 196 that is a Blue Loss of only 1.01% and Red, who started with 148 and now has 136 has lost 8.11%. Of course the victory calculation for losses may take other factors into account. Something does seem wrong though.

We are both using the current patches for the game. Any ideas?

cheers

Gary

Last edited:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
For those of you who are still having problems, please send an email to Jim along with a savegame file so he can check into this. How many people are still having some kind of difficulty? For those that are several turns into the battle, is everything working okay?

Max Vonloben

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don,

I got an e-mail yesterday from Col. Lunsford. He wanted some more info from me about my computer and the DA files. I replied but have not heard back from him yet.

Mark Froio

John Osborne

Reaction score
Well Marco and I are at turn 6 and he was having problems crossing the bridges but I had no problem crossing the bridges myself. Well it seems now that I can't cross any bridges in towns. I have units that are still sitting after turn 6 trying to cross the bridge. But the Situation Report states that it will complet the crossing after turn 3 but I'm at turn 6 and they are still sitting there.

Also my EW units after each turn I have too turn back ON the collection proceess. Each turn the unit shuts off and have to turn back on.

And I'm kind of disappointed at not having bombers. You figure that the US would have bombers to attack the Iraqs. But I didn't make the scenario.

Jim got ahold of me and I explain about the problem with the aar files and Marco had the same problem. But he hasn't return my email yet.

John

Deltapooh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
John Osborne said:
Well Marco and I are at turn 6 and he was having problems crossing the bridges but I had no problem crossing the bridges myself. Well it seems now that I can't cross any bridges in towns. I have units that are still sitting after turn 6 trying to cross the bridge. But the Situation Report states that it will complet the crossing after turn 3 but I'm at turn 6 and they are still sitting there.
I noted this problem myself from time to time. Did you check the path to see if it had disappeared. That might happen. If there are more than one bridges, it might also take longer.

Crossing bridges can indeed be a problem. Trick is make certain unit is traveling along a path that takes it down the middle of the brigde. I also found that you have line up the unit before its footprint intersects the bridge.

Saber 12

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
anybody seen this?

I'm OPFOR in the Northern Watch fight, and I've seen an example of this just about every turn
In friendly messages two of my units report they've lost 11% combat strength.
But these guys didn't engage in ANY combat and when I checked their icons they're at 100%.
could this be related to the victory point/losses descrepancies?
later

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Saber 12 said:
I'm OPFOR in the Northern Watch fight, and I've seen an example of this just about every turn.

In friendly messages two of my units report they've lost 11% combat strength.
But these guys didn't engage in ANY combat and when I checked their icons they're at 100%.

Could this be related to the victory point/losses descrepancies?
later
I guess it could be related. Have you reported this to Jim? Does it seem like a problem with the report itself, or is this actually effecting combat operations?

Saber 12

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
doesn't seem to affect combat ops. As far as I can tell the icon Red-Amber-Green stats are correct.

Mompariglia

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
To John Osborne

John, do you want do keep playing our game? Apart from minor issues (e.g. bridges) everything was working fine.
M