Operations orders

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I was just starting the Death Valley: Task force Defense scenario. After reading through the fairly complicated operations order I was wondering, is it possible to include images in the operations order like in Decisive Action? Is this something that might be available in the full version of the game? If not, it really might be worth considering during the next patch. The map images that accompany the operations orders in Decisive Action are invaluable when visualizing the commander's intent and concept of operations. This is realistic as well considering most complicated operations orders would have an appendix or map overlay included.

Just a thought.

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess my counterpoint is that ATF DOES have map overlays. When you start a scenario, the blue lines represent the Maneuver Graphics. If you select Options from the View menu and the put a check in the Enemy SITTEMP tab, you will see red lines depicting the most likely enemy course of action.

But I do understand you point, and we will look at the feasibility of adding them in an upgrade. They are definitely on the feature list for our next release, Air Assault Task Force.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by CPT Proctor
If you select Options from the View menu and the put a check in the Enemy SITTEMP tab, you will see red lines depicting the most likely enemy course of action.

I didn't know that. Thanks.

But I do understand you point, and we will look at the feasibility of adding them in an upgrade. They are definitely on the feature list for our next release, Air Assault Task Force.
I guess it wouldn't need to be anything extremely fancy. Simply the ability to insert a medium sized jpg or bmp would do the trick.

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The ability is already there and, in fact, an industrious MOD maker ( :p ) or player armed with the ATF Scenario Builder (which ships with the release version of ATF, could place these JPEG's in the HTML files which are the operaitons orders.

We simply didn't think of it til after the game was done:cry:

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I just checked and you're correct. I hadn't even noticed that the operations orders were made up of html files. That's excellent because it allows the scenario designer to do virtually anything he needs to.

Thanks for the info. :clap: