Operations Magazine - ASL/ASLSK stuff

DSK665

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think Mr. Pitman would like it if MMP started to include anything about the other games they produce in the Journal. Keep them separate from each other. This has to be the most unproductive forum here. I think Mr. Pitman should have his own so he can just post himself all day.

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
I just received Operations #51 today, which has "ASL Scenario S28".

This is a full-blown ASL scenario and could easily be played with either Starter Kit rules or ASL rules. The only thing missing on the scenario card is SAN #s.

pdutram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a full-blown ASL scenario and could easily be played with either Starter Kit rules or ASL rules. The only thing missing on the scenario card is SAN #s.
Where and when does it take place?

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
ASL Scenario S28 Out of Luck
Baruth, Germany, 26 April 1945

Russian on Defense 11 squads (9-1, 8-0) IS2 x3 and a 122L ART -- ELR 4
German with Exit VP 18 squads (9-2, 9-1, 8-0x2) Pz VG x4 JgPz 38(t) x3 -- ELR 2

Designed by Brian Youse.

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
How about putting ASLSK scenarios into ASL Journal instead then... what's the point of putting 1 ASLSK scenario into Ops Magazine per issue ?

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Obviously, this is a SK scenario. (though easily ported to ASL)

Bob Holmstrom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How about putting ASLSK scenarios into ASL Journal instead then... what's the point of putting 1 ASLSK scenario into Ops Magazine per issue ?
It makes sense to me. Ops is MMP's company mag and the Journal is ASL only mag. Many SK players are likely to come from the old Gamers line and subscribe to Ops. Most ASLers stick to the Journal and have little to no interest in SK scenarios. I think it was a good decision by MMP.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only reason that many ASLers "stick to the Journal" is that there is no ASL content in it. That is a circular argument. If there was ASL content in it, even a single scenario per issue, ASLers would flock to it.

Bob Holmstrom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only reason that many ASLers "stick to the Journal" is that there is no ASL content in it. That is a circular argument. If there was ASL content in it, even a single scenario per issue, ASLers would flock to it.
Perhaps although not guaranteed, but i think MMP is correct in keeping ASL content out of Ops. The fans of the Gamers/independent line of games don't want any ASL content anymore than ASLers want Gamers/independent content in the Journal.

Good customer relations on MMP's part.

ChrisBuehler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
True, many ASLers would by Operations issues for a single ASL scenario. However, would the ASLers feel used/abused by MMP for making them buy Operations for a single scenario in addition to the Journal? I'm betting there would be a major outcry to keep all of the ASL content in the Journal.

JMHO,
Chris

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I wouldn't flock to Operations unless the content focused on OCS and/or ASL.

An ASL scenario or two wouldn't cut it.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
True, many ASLers would by Operations issues for a single ASL scenario. However, would the ASLers feel used/abused by MMP for making them buy Operations for a single scenario in addition to the Journal? I'm betting there would be a major outcry to keep all of the ASL content in the Journal.

JMHO,
Chris
MMP doesn't make you buy anything. If it is not worth it to you, you won't buy it.

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't care about this magazine, and I wasn't even going to post on this thread. But maybe the objective opinion of someone who doesn't care might help here.

If MMP stuck another ASL product into something I don't want or care about I would criticize them for it. They already did that with the "ASL boards" that were only available in Starter Kits.

I'm against the whole concept of "sprinkling ASL products around" as a small part of something I don't want to pay for.