Operation Windsor - Carpiquet Airfield - HASL

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Peter. For unknown reasons I cannot access this. I've seen some pix of Carpiquet - very useful!

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Update here for anyone interested:

I've prepared 4 tourney-sized scenarios and 1 large scenario. The 4 smaller ones each involve attacks by the: 1) Royal Winnipeg Rifles, 2) Chaudiẻre Rgt., 3) North Shore Rgt. on 7/4/44, and 4) counterattack by the 1st SS Panzer Division on 7/5/44. The large scenario is the entire 7/4 Operation Windsor action (all 3 smaller scenario OBs).

Along with the above - 2 new geoboards (G4 which is an extremely versatile board and Carpiquet board, which is a 'split board' combo of airfield and stone village - below - renditions compliments to Tom R.) Board 53 is used for the village of Carpiquet and is positioned above the Carpiquet board below. It's a fairly good representation of Carpiquet village.

I've PT'd the smaller scenarios which are pretty tight and fun, but I'm a bit at a standstill in terms of PTing the above and would appreciate feedback on how to get it to the finish-line!

Last edited:

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Update here for anyone interested:

I've prepared 4 tourney-sized scenarios and 1 large scenario. The 4 smaller ones each involve attacks by the: 1) Royal Winnipeg Rifles, 2) Chaudiẻre Rgt., 3) North Shore Rgt. on 7/4/44, and 4) counterattack by the 1st SS Panzer Division on 7/5/44. The large scenario is the entire 7/4 Operation Windsor action (all 3 smaller scenario OBs).

Along with the above - 2 new geoboards (G4 which is an extremely versatile board and Carpiquet board, which is a 'split board' combo of airfield and stone village - below - renditions compliments to Tom R.) Board 53 is used for the village of Carpiquet and is positioned above the Carpiquet board below. It's a fairly good representation of Carpiquet village.
View attachment 26264
View attachment 26263

I've PT'd the smaller scenarios which are pretty tight and fun, but I'm a bit at a standstill in terms of PTing the above and would appreciate feedback on how to get it to the finish-line!
Check your e-mail, Don.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Hey Don, I think I have the original Carpiquet scenarios from the MwT contest in paper form somewhere but I've lost the electronic versions. From what I remember, Kerry Smith (no longer with us) did the electronic versions. I think Jim Bishop, Robin Reeve and ASLSarge were also involved. Steve Swann, Glennbo and Dorosh are just some of the names I remember designing scenarios.

edit: Scanned in with all PT scenario cards - someone somewhere must have the final cards Kerry produced.

Last edited:

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Don, I think I have the original Carpiquet scenarios from the MwT contest in paper form somewhere but I've lost the electronic versions. From what I remember, Kerry Smith (no longer with us) did the electronic versions. I think Jim Bishop, Robin Reeve and ASLSarge were also involved. Steve Swann, Glennbo and Dorosh are just some of the names I remember designing scenarios. edit: Scanned in with all PT scenario cards - someone somewhere must have the final cards Kerry produced.
Thanks, and I have those MwT scenarios myself and used them to help me construct my own scenarios. Quite helpful :)