Operation Sealine

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Operation Sealion

There was a mention a while ago about Ian Danglish's Operation Sealion module for submission to MMP. Since his tragic passing, is this still in the pipeline? Thank you.

Last edited:

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A few years ago at Winter Offensive they playtested some of Ian's Sea Lion scenarios in a 3 round mini. My guess this was when Ian was still alive - i.e. it's been awhile. I haven't seen/heard of them since then.

I think I only played 1 of them. I was underwhelmed by the balance of the one I played, although that was somewhat due to it being a very small, dicey affair and after my gun missed his opening shot the scenario was over on turn 1.

Anyway - MMP definitely had these. Not sure what they're doing with them though nor how many there were.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A few years ago at Winter Offensive they playtested some of Ian's Sea Lion scenarios in a 3 round mini. My guess this was when Ian was still alive - i.e. it's been awhile. I haven't seen/heard of them since then.

I think I only played 1 of them. I was underwhelmed by the balance of the one I played, although that was somewhat due to it being a very small, dicey affair and after my gun missed his opening shot the scenario was over on turn 1.

Anyway - MMP definitely had these. Not sure what they're doing with them though nor how many there were.
Thanks, Brett

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I know most players disagree, but I have always found interesting exploring the world of "what if..." with ASL.
Sealion and the "Capture of Malta" are the two ipothetical battlefields ideal to experiment some peculiar SSR and to see in action very rare units and vehicles. A lot of room fot fantasy without the constrains of "History". A real paradise for any bold designer...

A pity most players are not interested in ipothetical battles. After all ASL has been created to support also this approach.