Operation Seahorse

Old&Slow

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well Scenario 10 with Beta 9 ( as it shows up to be in my version ) now unloads the Marines, however:

1: The MG & Grenadier Sections will not move when given " Best Tactical " move orders, or "Direct Move" orders. The 7 man Rifle Sections and the AAV7`s will move into the enemy hex, and then preceed to sit there for 7+ turns with no one shooting at any one, either the Marines, AAV7`s or CIS :confused: ??

2: In one Map section a Marine Rifle Section fired twice at a BMP when one hex out, then just sat there when in the hex.....

3: In another Map section the 7 man Rifle Section fired on, and killed the CIS MG `s, then did nothing about the others....

The only thing the CIS wants to shoot at are the Helos, and an 7 round AK burst shot one down.

I stopped playing after this non action went on for 10 turns.
I do have a save Game.

I have to say I have not had one crash or error since installed and playing with with Beta 7 - 9 :)

MikeSinn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Old&Slow said:
1: The MG & Grenadier Sections will not move when given " Best Tactical " move orders, or "Direct Move" orders. The 7 man Rifle Sections and the AAV7`s will move into the enemy hex, and then preceed to sit there for 7+ turns with no one shooting at any one, either the Marines, AAV7`s or CIS :confused: ??
I experienced the same issue you described above. It appears that the single marine squad marker is breaking into it's "multi-part" components when it tries moving into the first hex. I always play with the "Compress Multi-Part units" checked so I should never have more than one unit marker per squad. In this scenerio however, the 7 man rifle squad would move as directed, but the Grenade and MG markers would never move from the original unload hex.

I haven't had a chance to test this problem in other scenerios yet so I don't know if this issue is unique to the Marine squad units or if the problem is more global. Has anyone else performed more comprehensive testing yet?

Thanks,
Mike

Old&Slow

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don Maddox said:
Have you guys e-mailed this stuff to Scott?
No, but I guess Scott could see it by just running the scenario since Mike and I both get it. If he can`t duplicate it I have a save.

Also, the speed setting allows you to get the AAV7`s up to 78+ MPH.

Useful for moving around the Map................... :cheeky:

MikeSinn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don Maddox said:
Have you guys e-mailed this stuff to Scott?
Don,

I sent Scott a note describing the problem earlier this evening. Hopefully this won't be a hard problem to track down.

Has anyone noticed if other scenerios exhibit the same problem? Real life keeps getting the way of my continued testing/enjoyment of this game :mad:

Thanks,
Mike

Old&Slow

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Those Goofy Marines are at it Again

:nuts: I just tried playing scenario 10 with " compress multi parts " checked in the prefs. to see if that would get the Grenadier & MG`s sections moving with the Rifle sections when they unload and are given " move " orders.

However, now all the various platoons Grenadiers & MG sections are loaded on their _own_ AAV7`s, in a different Map area, and not combined with the Rifle section AVV7`s as when " compress multi parts " is NOT checked :confused:

MikeSinn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MikeSinn said:
Don,

I sent Scott a note describing the problem earlier this evening. Hopefully this won't be a hard problem to track down.

Has anyone noticed if other scenerios exhibit the same problem? Real life keeps getting the way of my continued testing/enjoyment of this game :mad:

Thanks,
Mike
Looks like this issue has been solved in the lastest Beta build. In catching up with my personal email, I found the email below from Scott...

Hi Mike,

I’m not sure if I got back to you on this or not... it’s been kinda hectic lately. In any case, we’ve finally got this all nailed down, or at least I think we did. It was a global issue we introduced in build 9. But everything seems to be working correctly

Thanks again for your report and stay tuned!

-Scott