Operation : Schmidt

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can see the funky white circle on the capture M20 in the above picture. Identical to the issue I had on my countersheet.
My mailer was also ripped and re-taped by the post office, however, the shrinkwrap protected all and no damage was passed through to the contents.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Who are the designers of the CGs? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The latter were normally not intended to be used as combat troops but were rather specialized construction troops.

My bet is that the 5-3-7 are intended to represent the latter type.
Isn't 5FP a bit high for non-combat troops?

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mine too. Looked like hell as it came out of the mailbox. The contents were OK though.
I've learned from bitter experience that whenever I order an ASL product of any kind which does not include a box, to include a message on the order form to the vendor/shipper requesting that the package be clearly marked 'Do Not Bend'. I haven't had any problems with damage since then.
Then again, I have a box at the local post office so your experience could be different if your items are being mailed to your residence.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who are the designers of the CGs? Sorry if this has been asked before.
That would be Chas as the designer and myself as the developer. Chas came up with the basic approach and elements and I worked up all the rules and coordinated all of the playtests. The CG rules are based off of RB primarily with elements from KGP, PB and FB included where appropriate.

Rick

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
You can see the funky white circle on the capture M20 in the above picture. Identical to the issue I had on my countersheet.
My countersheet is perfect, so probably the print run went bad at some point.

JR

csiemers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Received mine today as well.
You should check your counter printing, mine has the same issue with one of the captured M20s, a circular white spot over part of the vehicle. If you want a picture, let me know, I have it scanned but have no online URL to post to.

Other than that - AWESOME.
I noticed that today in my copy as well.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played OS14 "Drive 'em Out" on Sunday with Dave Coleman. We enjoyed the scenario and map...my attacking Americans were pushing close to the CVP cap, but took the last needed building on turn 5. Dave counter-attacked in the last half turn and was able to take back the church for the win. Very enjoyable scenario.

We are starting OS17 "The Worst Place of Any" this coming Sunday. The dice gave me the attacking Americans...looks like it should be fun.

Another great product so far...kudos to BFP.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Received today - package was ripped but no damage, fortunately. Also, no minor counter flaws.

Looks great - fantastic to see BFP venture into CG design.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The maps & counters look great! I'm surprised this product sold so cheaply. What a great buy, thank you!

robarrieta

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got my Objective: Schmit yesterday and opened it up fondled the bits & pieces.

It's the usual high quality BFP product so I'm not going to regurgitate the usual praze for all the good and great things in this package.

I'll go right to personal preference wish for. I don't like glossy paper maps. I prefer the paper maps that come with the usual MMP module. Is there a copyright thing involved with this presentation of the paper used for maps? I don't mind the rules on the glossy paper as much as the maps bother me. Or maybe it's the thickness of the paper that is at the heart of the matter, because even brand new ,the maps ,look like the floods in them are showing wear?
I agree. Like the product except for the map quality. My maps are already beginning to fray/tear. Would love thicker, non glossy card stock in the future like the typical MMP HASL (e.g. Budapest).

robarrieta

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Essentially. For both the Germans and Americans, they threw available bodies into the fight and what happened to be around were engineers. But these guys were more accustomed to building roads than shooting weapons.

Noted on the glossy paper for the maps. We'll try matte for the next set of maps for our next product (Corregidor) and see how that works out. Since this is our first HASL product, we are learning some on this as we go, both from a CG rules standpoint and other items that ought to be done. So we'll take all constructive criticism in our attempt to make what we hope is a great product, even better.
You guys couldn’t do a “prototype” run on the maps? Not to be a complainer, but the maps just ain’t happening for me (artwork is fine, map quality is not).

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Things That Will NOT Happen! --

No Foreign "Shithole" substances will touch my mapboards. They will be forever pure and unsullied.
--AND--
I have never, and will never, punch, nor gouge, kick, fold, spindle, or mutilate a single BFP counter.

That is what VASL is for.