Country
llUnited States

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Received mine today as well.
You should check your counter printing, mine has the same issue with one of the captured M20s, a circular white spot over part of the vehicle. If you want a picture, let me know, I have it scanned but have no online URL to post to.

Other than that - AWESOME.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The M20 vehicle bodies should be printed entirely in white as they are open-topped. On mine they are, both captured and not.

The M10 GMC bodies should also be entirely in white. On mine only the turret center is white, both captured and not.

JR

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Its a white almost filled circle, looks like a drop of paint that dried up on the top of the counter, although it is not that, i.e.., it is part of the finish on the counter. It is about twice the diameter of the white circle behind the front armor number.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have the exact same thing on one of my captured M20's. No big deal but must be something wirh printing process.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Received mine today as well.
You should check your counter printing, mine has the same issue with one of the captured M20s, a circular white spot over part of the vehicle. If you want a picture, let me know, I have it scanned but have no online URL to post to.

Other than that - AWESOME.
Please send me a pic (ctasl@aol.com). I double checked the artwork sent to the printer and there is no circle on it, so if there is an artifact there, then it is a printing error (shadow or bleed over) on the part of the counter printer.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The M20 vehicle bodies should be printed entirely in white as they are open-topped. On mine they are, both captured and not.

The M10 GMC bodies should also be entirely in white. On mine only the turret center is white, both captured and not.

JR
Ok, so I get it from both sides on this approach. While I understand the MMP convention is for a white fill on the vehicle outline for open-topped vehicles, that becomes problematic when you also are colorizing the vehicles. So I have colored white the part of the vehicles that is actually open topped (i.e., the turret). I suppose one could take the black counter approach and make the movement factor blue as a way to do it, and would be one that aligns with what has been officially done in other products (i.e, ABTF)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Ok, so I get it from both sides on this approach. While I understand the MMP convention is for a white fill on the vehicle outline for open-topped vehicles, that becomes problematic when you also are colorizing the vehicles. So I have colored white the part of the vehicles that is actually open topped (i.e., the turret). I suppose one could take the black counter approach and make the movement factor blue as a way to do it, and would be one that aligns with what has been officially done in other products (i.e, ABTF)
I suspected the choice was deliberate. What makes me wonder in O:S is that the M20 is done in AH style while the M10 is done in BF alternate style. It is a niggling inconsistency. One style or the other, s'il vous plaît.

JR

Last edited:

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Got mine today! Now I'm wondering if I need to go to WO at all.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please send me a pic (ctasl@aol.com). I double checked the artwork sent to the printer and there is no circle on it, so if there is an artifact there, then it is a printing error (shadow or bleed over) on the part of the counter printer.
Sent.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not to be pesky, but I am who I am... And the package is AWESOME!

A question about slopes on the Vossenack map. There is a cluster of hexes around N73 with slopes. They are aligned so that the up-slope direction is more towards the road running down the spine of the ridge (which makes sense). However, there is a slope hexside in N73 indicating the N73 to N74 hexside is going upslope, even though N73 is 1 level above hex N74. This means you go down 1 full level between the base levels of the hexes, and at the same time you go up-slope. Is there something the designers were intending for this that escapes me? Maybe I should read the HBRs first. Is this a famous "dell" like Winters and crew were talking about in BOB?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not to be pesky, but I am who I am... And the package is AWESOME!

A question about slopes on the Vossenack map. There is a cluster of hexes around N73 with slopes. They are aligned so that the up-slope direction is more towards the road running down the spine of the ridge (which makes sense). However, there is a slope hexside in N73 indicating the N73 to N74 hexside is going upslope, even though N73 is 1 level above hex N74. This means you go down 1 full level between the base levels of the hexes, and at the same time you go up-slope. Is there something the designers were intending for this that escapes me? Maybe I should read the HBRs first. Is this a famous "dell" like Winters and crew were talking about in BOB?
I looked at my illustrations from the designer and that up slope condition does appear in hex N74/N73. That depiction probably causes more questions than it's worth, though it does create a unique situation as you note where it will cost you additional 1/2 MP to go down in base elevation going from N73 to N74. It otherwise has no other real impact on fire or LOS.