Operation : Schmidt

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What?

Of course not. Part of the customer base might have multiple copies of BVs and Yanks but that is certainly not an accurate description of the community that I know.

Then again, the community I know are players, not hoarders.

BFP, we are thankful for you kind consideration, that purchases of your product does not necessitate purchases of extra modules.

Keep up the good work!

PS .. "hardcore cream" .. bleeeeeeeaaahh
Yeah, I have to go with this response. BFP covers all groups and if you have all of the counters needed before hand to play the CG's here is a little hint... 'don't punch them out'. I have a lot of counters that have never been touched.

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Yeah, I have to go with this response. BFP covers all groups and if you have all of the counters needed before hand to play the CG's here is a little hint... 'don't punch them out'. I have a lot of counters that have never been touched.
I'm not going to pay for something I'm not going to use.
If you are good with it, buy it.
People vote with feet and money, I explained how i'll cast mine.
BFP is the best ASL company out there, if in my opinion they are making a bad choice I let them know.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Basically, what you're saying is "Hey, you know only us old timers who consider ourselves the elite keepers of the game are going to buy and play your product. We don't need any more crews. So don't print them or I won't buy it."

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh I really can't because he made it so blatantly obvious that he was speaking from some position of superiority with his little mini tantrum.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't own any double copy of the core modules (except for Yanks).

have fun.
I guess you're not really the hardcore cream of the customer base that you make yourself out to be. Because I've purchased everything they make directly from them as well, including 3 CoS (gave one away to a friend) and 2 PiFs. I also donated quite a bit to the baseball team. So while many people are supporting the company and their efforts, your goal appears mostly to support your interests over everything else.

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I guess you're not really the hardcore cream of the customer base that you make yourself out to be. Because I've purchased everything they make directly from them as well, including 3 CoS (gave one away to a friend) and 2 PiFs. I also donated quite a bit to the baseball team. So while many people are supporting the company and their efforts, your goal appears mostly to support your interests over everything else.
I bow myself to your deep pockets.

have fun.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

have fun.
I will have fun. Thank you for thinking about me. Although judging by how you are using it, I'm going to assume that "have fun" is your passive aggressive way of telling me to go eff myself when you can't think of anything better to say.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I can relate to Paolo's point as so many products now contain counters that me Planos are overflowing. I really like BFP's counters esp. the Polish counters and am fine with variant forces. They are right that they need to include enough counters for a CG but I don't want my office looking like Olli's! $ is less an issue for me living in US but understand concern with those in Europe with crazy shipping costs making them think twice about what they buy.

have fun.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Paolo, I can well understand you don't wish to buy what you will most likely not use. Up front ASL is not cheap, though throughout its expected playing lifetime should be very good value.

I have enough counters for at least a brigade for each nationality and in some cases a division. However I have seen enough comments from posters here on GS to recognise that many, many are lucky if they have one of each core due to practical limitations of how much MMP can afford to keep in stock for sale. Not everyone has the money either.

Putting counter bulk in a BFP module would make it more difficult for the cash starved, yet I would estimate as at least no worse than buying multiple extra copies of, say, Yanks 2. Besides, BFP has this particular business model, a almost "core" approach, that has gained them great praise and success. Frankly I would think them insane to abandon a successful niche, there is plenty of competition for the 'lighter' end of ASL. Part of that success was including previously untouched vehicles and guns as in B&J, CoS and PiF. While there will be little new in OS, maybe you might consider what would be unnecessary duplication as a price for BFP's otherwise excellent ASL lines. Just like life, nothing goes perfectly. Personally I think it would be a pity if you missed out on what I would expect to be an excellent product.

PS: I was and am not a great enthusiast of giving the Poles their own colour scheme, but was part of an overall excellent package, so ...

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Even more because you perfectly know that those few people that will embark themself in the CG are the hardcore cream of your customer base and THOSE surely will have no need for more 467 or 228 crew which already own in droves.
This above is what Paolo has said.
That very few who buy the BFP product are actually likely to play its CG(s).
And that these are likely to have sufficient counters to do so.

Everybody can judge for himself, if these assessments are likely or not.

Basically, what you're saying is "Hey, you know only us old timers who consider ourselves the elite
He's the "hardcore cream" .. don't forget.
I guess you're not really the hardcore cream of the customer base that you make yourself out to be.
Oh I really can't because he made it so blatantly obvious that he was speaking from some position of superiority with his little mini tantrum.
Although judging by how you are using it, I'm going to assume that "have fun" is your passive aggressive way of telling me to go eff myself when you can't think of anything better to say.
It is actually not Paolo, who refers to himself as some sort of elite. It seems to be you that tag him with that term and then appear to take offense of him for supposedly being what you name him.

I don't know - could this be an example of the rough going here at GS that has been criticized in a couple of threads here lately and that some see a reason why people move away to other places?

Maybe so. Maybe not. Anyway a thought worth considering IMHO.
I appeal to folks around here for some reserve.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
BTT and the counter question.

I'll add yet another opinion...

Regardless of the quality of TPP products/counters - a field in which BFP is top notch - I avoid to use or even punch their counters if at all possible. Why?

Because I prefer the 'classic' old school non-color theme of AH/MMP. I limit my use of TPP counters to those I absolutely cannot avoid, i.e. a scenario has a unit in it which is not represented in the AH/MMP counter mix at all. There is rarely any need since I use mostly VASL anyway despite owning all BFP stuff and numerous other TPP products.

Another reason why I avoid TPP counter use is because I want to limit the extent of my counter storage. Enough to carry around already. Adding TPP would only up complexity.

For both reasons, I would have preferred, if BFP would have stuck with the established color theme for the Poles in PiF instead of introducing a new one like Paul. This could also have reduced the necessity for a lot of counters (of which we have more than enough already IMHO) at least for those who already own the Axis Minors. Now even these need to either mix the established Allied Minor counters with those of the new color scheme which are not represented in the existing counters (not appealing) or punch and store even more counters. So no good way at all to choose for those that share my preferences.

So if you ask me:
The less counters that are not represented in the existing AH/MMP counter mix in TPPs, the better.

von Marwitz

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
While not being a fan of PiF's new Polish scheme, there is the thing is that for a fair few here, PiF was their only source of Allied Minors. So my lack of enthusiasm was tempered by that.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
While not being a fan of PiF's new Polish scheme, there is the thing is that for a fair few here, PiF was their only source of Allied Minors. So my lack of enthusiasm was tempered by that.
True. As mentioned in another thread, for those that don't have all the kit yet, TPP are often the only source that they can resort to to cover the nationalities that are missing. This is probably one of the reasons, why TPPs add these in the first place.

von Marwitz

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I actually like the color differentiation of the various national forces. It gives a feeling of countries working together. However, I wonder if there should be an optional cooperation rule to simulate the problems between nationalities.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I actually like the color differentiation of the various national forces. It gives a feeling of countries working together. However, I wonder if there should be an optional cooperation rule to simulate the problems between nationalities.
More rules! Yay! :D

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have you gotten a chance to play any scenarios from PiF, Bob? They're fantastic.