Open the door, hit the monster, grab the treasure!

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well after talking about it for a few years I finally got around to running some RQ for the Mpnday night guys and involved my eldest daughter Gwen. Real old school open the door, hit the monster and grab the treasure stuff.
It's been great fun and given there is no pressure to have backstory for the charecters I can let things develop. As an added bonus I got Suzi to trawl the internet for suitable charecter pictures (bare maidens was where she ended up... They are all clothed, sort of).
This form of gaming would have been totally unacceptable 10 years ago but I think we've forgotten just how much fun it can be.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I have very fond memories of playing through some dungeons that were made up on the fly by the DM, none of which had much of a story beyond 'there is this evil place with treasure and lots of monsters . . .'

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think next week I'll ensure that someone dies just so they can find another charecter tied up in the next room.

WaroftheSendros

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Haha, I love this stuff, I picked up a set of Warhammer Quest the other week, and it was fantastic. The entire game is random, to the point that on our first play through we walked into the final room from our first corridor where we had to face 3 minotaurs, and 6 Orcs, then with some bad magic luck ended up with 12 skaven, and 6 goblins behind our lines.

If you ever fancy a quick "Random" game, I would highly suggest Quest.

War of the Sendros