OP Turn 2 Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here you can discuss your 2nd turn orders. I will post your beginning intelligence information so you can use that to make your 2nd turn plans.

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
OK following on from the discussion in the other thread, I dont have a problem with the UN attacking, the Government are massed aroung G at the moment and we need to setup a defense for there.

Also there is still a UN contingent located a C, we need to see them retreat from the region before we launch a campaign to capture J.

With all this in mind, we have a company in B and N and 2 in A, and the rest in G.

Whats the next move?

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
At the moment im thinking of consolidation, pulling everything into the cities to make sure we hold them, we buy some aa guns and maybe arty/mortar.

the Un are going to be hovering around the area and the gov are too, i dont see a massive threat from either at the moment but in unison they are a danger i know that the UN has the ear of the government commander and that he is also not very confident about what to do, so the UN has some influence on the gov atm. if any one cares to try to make peace with the UN go ahead, they will try to make the best of the situation and cause confusion, if you do tell them you are the new commander of our forces and i have taken a back seat or else they wont want to talk to you i suspect. Just be weary they are sly dogs and will try to screw us up.

I doubt there is a chance we can get any AA to G from A at the moment, another suggestion would be to move most of everything into C from A and see if its clear, leave an ambush/recon force along the road to protect any further convoys. then we can think about further manouvres or resuply of G

Katusa

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Hi I think I will then start some fake negotiations with the UN, we might make them sleep a little bit. Let's announce something in the diplomatic forum about internal fighting in our ranks, etc.

I think we are more concentrated at the moment than any other player here, so we have to act decisively now. This is why I proposed to move towards J. There is no UN present there, and the road is probably clear as well, since their British armor came from there without fighting. So I still propose to send at least a company there, if nothing else, just to recon and keep the zone safe for further movements.

We could also send some forces to meet the UN contingent East of us, in case they are makeing a counterattack. I think a company and a half, with some guarding armor (1-2 tanks) can force them to move South instead of attacking G. Keep in mind, we only profit from G if we possess it undisturbed!

I would keep A as it is now, Govt might be around.
This is for now, I have to go, Commander, give me your ideas!
K

dita

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
How about the company in N moves to G to reinforce that, and move one from A and the one company in B into zone C.

We could then send on company from G into I towards J as Katusa says.

This leaves the 1 company in A as a reserve and to keep the town secure, whilst the other forces control the road area, zone C. With the remaining forces in G, to both secure the town and act as a reserve for the final strike on J, which on company is to scout.

Regarding the equipment purchases, i agree that some 120mm mortars, maybe some ZU23s (do these have an ammo loadout against infantry, I can`t remember?) and some trucks for transporting them.

Last edited:

Katusa

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I think it is OK, however, I would rather not move anything to G now, I think it is more important now to have strong forces around it, to parry attacks on G before they can actually reach the town. We really should benefit from having it in the next turn.

So I propose to leave coy in N, and continue fighting with that govt force there, leave things in A as they are, move from B to C, send out a coy to I from G. This is what I would do.

Regarding purchase, I would go for 2 ZSU and as much trucks as we can, to be mobile. It worth more than some mortars, without observers they are not as quick in laying suppressive fire, they cannot keep with operational tempo. The bigger they are, the worst it is.
K

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
At the moment i cant se a reason to get trucks, they cant move at their full speed in the strategic moves because they will have no support, i dont know if those AA guns have any movement value in the tactical game? they might be usefull for that. Might go playtest it out

There is no government forces north of I at this point in time so we can afford to bring some forces out of A, we can occupy C whith forces from b and A including the new AA guns, if the UN are hanging around at least we can influence them out once they see we can defend agaisnt their airpower.

Leaving the company in N weakens G, the government are massed at O ready to assault G so they need not go thru N. If you want to send a company into I, i do not support the move but feel free to do so, the plan is not without merit i just dont think it is the right move at this stage of the game. However it could 'destabilise' the Governments thinking to attack G if they hear rumours of our forces in I. Maybe send a company to ambush the road. that said the northern UN force will be trying to get out of the north i suspect so our move there will block them off, i dont like the prospect of them cornered in that area, they can do alot of damage to our plan to secure the north.

Our concentration, i beleive should be to secure a line of supply from A to G, by having forces stationed in C and securing G. I wont stand in the way of a company sized sortie into I. As for N, should we wait to see if any reports of the UN southern force in the area? if they seem to be threatening us then maybe a force should stay in N, if not bring it into G.

Katusa

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I agree mostly with what you said, Commander. I propose that sortie into I, with as much "noise" as we can, maybe we can influence the thinking of the govt commander. Securing C is OK, UN might have to move south then, that is our purpose, I believe. I prefer to leave that company in N, with passive engagement rules, just to block UN reinforcements from the south. They are mobile, and can go to G quicker than normal. Also, it would tie down that govt unit there.

I do not think govt would attack us in G, even if they are concentrated. If I were in their boots, I would make a raid on G, just to ensure that we make no points by possessing it. With the rest of my forces I would move to J and T, so this way I would have two secure bases, while we have one, A, G being constantly attacked, no matter how small those forces would be. This way in 3-4 turns they would get the upper hand. So this is why I propose to move to I. Thinking again, I still propose to move with more than one company... I think we should have 2-3 there, with the right orders they could prevent govt forces bypassing to J, and when we see their movement we could reinforce either I or G from the other zone. So I think giving I an adequate force would enhance our options and our manouverability on the strategic level. So I still asking for 2-3 coys to move with them to I.

K

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the idea of moving limited forces to I to see what the resistance is like if any, but think it should only be 1 company. Else, we commit more forces to the battle in N and try to gain full control of that access point to our city. Also, we could start informing citizens that the UN plans to commit mass genocide in the areas around our city, because we freed them from the power who wants to enslave them...Maybe we can get some militia units by spreading the word...

-Al (manhunter)

Last edited:

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
your plan has merit although can we really afford to send too many Companies away from G? One company yea we can spare but 2-3 i dont think so, i would like to hear some input from the others on this.

I like the amount of thought you have put into it, but the UN will know our movements and they have 2 companies of inf 2 Tanks of superior quality airpower and a platoon of warriors armed with 30mm autocannon with mech inf and pioneers mounted, all in reach of G if not already in it.this force alone could easily kick us out of G if we take too many troops away from it.

Lets just take it a little slower than you propose send out a probing force if you like and get into G, in the next round we will be better setup to put more forces into your plan towards J.

Lets get some feedback from the other guys and then we can arrange a compromise after that.

Katusa

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Yes, let's hear the others! I think that despite our victory in G we are still more in a danger as now we face both UN and govt. We have to act quickly and in a surprising manner otherwise, on the slow and conventonal way they will defeat us by attrition. This is why I proposed what I did.

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yeah i do see your point, im just thinking we should prepare ourselves a little before we embark on smashing them, besides we have our superior tactical knowledge and expertise on our side :D

dita

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I agree with Temujin. I feel we can`t send too many companies away from G. As the "press release" stated, UN forces retreated into the surrounding countryside. I am sure that the enemy forces are still present. If their forces have abandoned J, like it says, then perhaps they are en-route to G?

A meeting engagement may occur in I? Only one company would be able to act as a recon force, though I would support the option of not sending any troops to I. Perhaps consolidation is a better Idea?

In reflection, trucks may be a bad Idea just yet, but what movment is allowed for the ZSU`s? in both the operation phase and local combat rounds? Do they need the truck transport?

In response to the mortars, I used the 60mm to some effect. After initial plotting, they landed after 2 turns. I then made adjustments to the firing orders to allow shorter waiting times (less than a turn). Again, there maybe a transport problem. Oh, and the 30mm can be very nasty! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.