OP Tank H1.46 thru H1.461

BoxCars

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When using an OP Tank, if the Observer uses the vehicles inherent radio for a successful/attempted OBA radio contact, can the vehicle then move and/or fire normally, or is the act of the Observer's successful/attempted radio contact considered the tanks sole action for that phase?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would think that the tank would be marked "prep fire" or "def fire" and could not perform other actions.

In fact, I think C1.2 makes this clear, now that I look it up.

<B>
1.2 RADIO CONTACT ATTEMPT: </B>​
OBA may be ... Only an Observer (i.e., a Good Order leader possessing a functioning radio/field-phone counter [1.6], or an OP tank [H1.46], ... and may do so only at the start of the PFPh/DFPh1 ... as his sole action for that phase aside from other allowed OBA activities. ...

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree but...

I agree but there are exceptions ie JAGDTIGER JAGDTIGER where the SSR allows you to spot and fire for example, not spot and move

Lees charge both the HOW version and the MMP version also allow the spotter vehicle that ie so it can't be isolated and destroyed

Having been a former tanker in a M1 unit, I know that the TCs trained to do that kind of thing ie call down arty while the rest of the crew did its crew drills. But it would have made the gunners job miserable b/c he only sees whats in front of his sight ie w/o the TC spotting for him being too busy with the arty and call for fire stuff, the gunner is not quite but mostly helpless.

JUST my opinion...

Mark De Vries

BoxCars

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MarkDV said:
Lees charge both the HOW version and the MMP version also allow the spotter vehicle that ie so it can't be isolated and destroyed
Mark,

I am not sure what you meant by the above quote. The reason I ask is that I am about to play J62 Lee's Charge. I don't see any exception for the spotter vehicle that would enable it to spot and fire.

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I stand corrected

Title says it all.

Had a brain fart, a neuron misfire.

Mark