OOB's 1989/1990

Marko

Reaction score
Country
ll
I am searching for any OOB's for 1989/1990. I have NATO and Warsaw Pact and both the Korea's. Searching for rest of world. Countries like Cuba, Vietnam, Australia, China and Angola. Basically any of the possible combatants in a NATO/Pact WWIII. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I have ordered a back copy of The Military Balance 1989-1990 which will have alot of info but will be short on deployment and unit names.

Ben Turner

Reaction score
Country
ll
Good LORD.

I'm not a fan of modern scenarios but this site looks like a Godsend.

Marko

Reaction score
Country
ll
Originally posted by Ben Turner
Good LORD.

I'm not a fan of modern scenarios but this site looks like a Godsend.
Some of the country entries are very detailed and not only when it comes to military but also lots of socio-economic data, which can be useful in scenario creation. Also manufacturing capability is touched upon in several entries.

Ben Turner

Reaction score
Country
ll
"The population of the USA in 1790 was 40% British. 60% other European countries or just 100% European.....nice."

Ethnicity is irrelevant. In terms of culture British and European are distinct terms.

Dan Neely

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
snicker. Completely forgetting the Native Americans I see. Dunno what thier numbers were, but by forgetting something so basic I can't help but feel the source isn't worth the electrons it was sent on.

Ben Turner

Reaction score
Country
ll
Originally posted by Dan Neely
snicker. Completely forgetting the Native Americans I see. Dunno what thier numbers were, but by forgetting something so basic I can't help but feel the source isn't worth the electrons it was sent on.
Well as much as I otherwise disagree... the quote refered to the Population of the USA. Were any Indians included in the population of the USA in 1790? If any then only a tiny minority.

It DOES however ignore blacks- which would have made up at least 10% of the US Population at the time.

Braveheart

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
in 1790, the U.S. was 81% white, 19% black. There were no other census categories until 1860, when only .25% (yes, one quarter of one percent) were "other," i.e. neither black nor white.

Reservations for Native Americans were not considered part of the U.S. so these areas were not counted in the Census, and population estimates vary widely.

Of the white population:

60 percent were English :D
11 percent Scottish-Irish :joy:
9 percent German :)
6 percent Irish :jack:
5 percent Scottish :p
4 percent Welsh :(
3 percent Dutch :nervous:
2 percent French :OHNO:
<1 percent Swedish :cry:

Of the black population, 8 percent were free and 92% were slaves.

Now what does this have to do with 1989 / 1990 OOBs again? :hmmm:

Marko

Reaction score
Country
ll
Originally posted by Braveheart
in 1790, the U.S. was 81% white, 19% black. There were no other census categories until 1860, when only .25% (yes, one quarter of one percent) were "other," i.e. neither black nor white.

Reservations for Native Americans were not considered part of the U.S. so these areas were not counted in the Census, and population estimates vary widely.

Of the white population:

60 percent were English :D
11 percent Scottish-Irish :joy:
9 percent German :)
6 percent Irish :jack:
5 percent Scottish :p
4 percent Welsh :(
3 percent Dutch :nervous:
2 percent French :OHNO:
<1 percent Swedish :cry:

Of the black population, 8 percent were free and 92% were slaves.

Now what does this have to do with 1989 / 1990 OOBs again? :hmmm:
Thans for the revised figures. I obviously meant the 'white' population. And in response to your post Dan, the native Americans made up a very small percentage.