OOB resources

Flyboy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Does anyone have a link to a good modern OOB resource? e.g. if I want to play a campaign with a realistic US Mechanized Brigade in 2004, where do I find the (approximate) actual breakdown of tanks, brads, FO, SAM etc?

Also, on another topic, what's the point of the 'set range' feature? If I know my firing unit is, for example, 6 hexes from the target, does setting the range to 6 hexes improve accuracy or effectiveness of direct fire?

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Flyboy said:
Also, on another topic, what's the point of the 'set range' feature? If I know my firing unit is, for example, 6 hexes from the target, does setting the range to 6 hexes improve accuracy or effectiveness of direct fire?
The "Set Range" feature is mainly used if you want o set a range where your unts start engaging. For example, you set the range of your tanks 6 hexes if you want them to wait until an enemy unit wanders into that range to open fire. Kind of like "Hold you Fire until" someone gets within X range of your unit.

Kaki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
What if that target unit spots your unit before the sixth hex and starts shooting? Will it shoot over 6 hexes?

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Käki said:
What if that target unit spots your unit before the sixth hex and starts shooting? Will it shoot over 6 hexes?
As far as I know they would return fire, they just would not initiate fire.