OOB question - removing devided units

arclight

Reaction score
All,

Taking a forey into scenario work, and I've found several that have devided units in the OOB, restricting it from editing. Suggestions how to remove these, to 'free' the OOB for editing

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi, you just have to remove the divided units, then replace them in one hex, recombine them, and you can carry on working. You do have to remember to redivide and reposition them when you've finished. Can be a long process if there are a lot of divided units, but that's the only way I know how to do it.

Cheers

Goliath

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi, Two easier alternatives not yet available, but hopefully "soon" are:

(1) Dump the scenario to a XML, edit (x,y) in that file and load it back to the editor. The caveat is that there is a bug in the editor to the effect that formation tracks are not loaded from XML files. Hopefully this will be fixed in 3.5 (hence the quotation marks around "soon" ;)

(2) Parmenio's scenario editor does not as yet handle divided units, but we have figured out the principles now. Once implemented, that editor will provide a nice alternative for doing what you are after. At the moment, I think it saves a XML - not a SCE - so you still need to have the bug fixed.

Well, not much help as of today, but my point is that scenario editing will be a tad easier in the future.

BTW, I figured out divided units (and a lot of other stuff) while working on a scenario conversion tool capable of reading sce files from any TOAW version. Hopefully, it will be included in a future version of Parmenio's editor, making it possible to bring your favourite TOAW 1 scenario back to life in one go.

Cheers,
Martin