Onslaught to Orsha

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are anticipating the pre-order pricing to end this weekend sometime. Will keep you updated.
I pre-ordered back at the begining of December, but my credit card info has changed since then...what is the best way for me to update my pre-order?

(I figured that others might be in the same situation.)

Semper Fi!
Scott

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My experience with playing 2 of the scenarios. The crossroads one was a decent 3-5 hours depending on spee of play.
Desperate Bridgehead is a biggie but if you just play it rather than over analysing every move, you could do it in 6 hours.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'm seeing a trend of crews for MGs.
It used to be a pet peeve of HoB to assign only crews to MMG(?)/HMG. They had an SSR in place to that effect which would penalize any other infantry using MMG/HMG.

I cannot remember, if this was also true for the original Onslaught to Orsha nor do I know if this played a role in the new OtO. At least it was true for some of HoB's scenario packs.

Personally, I never liked that HoB rule penalizing non-Crew MMG(?)/HMG usage.

What I am fine with, however, is to add some extra crews to a scenario which may likely find themselves manning MMG/HMG so as to avoid having to add extra leaders that might not be warranted for the tactical situation. I.e. the cases where you want to grant more Self Rally capability as opposed to (general) Rally capability, such to reflect the superior resilience of personnel manning key weapons rather than superior training.

For my personal taste I don't like limiting the use of MMG/HMG by means of crews but rather enhancing it.

von Marwitz

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes exactly, I enhance use of SW with crews (player options) in some of my designs.
I can assure you that my designs as general rule do not have a crews must man this or that SW except in an extremely few, limited circumstances.

I believe only SS 3 put out by HoB had the crew rules, and those designers had good intentions with it.