Onslaught to Orsha

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Played a coupoe of the new scenarios at heroes this weekend. One a swirling tank fest and the other a simple one boarder.
Both good fun although my dice made them so unbalanced it was untrue. You don't expect a single StuG to take out 3 ISU122s in two fire phases with two of them being burning wrecks. Then in the second, two of 4 StuGs malfd their guns....

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Just posted Sams transcript here for you
Well this I have read and it does not address my question fully. No problems, I will wait until I get the information or get to look at it.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
-At a minimum 7 completely new scenarios. I wanted some more but may have to just cut it off.
-I believe 4 or 5 redesigned and re-playtested scenarios. A number of others may have had slight adjustments.
-Based on input and recommendations to update Cats Lair, we had 3 different versions in PT trying to figure out the best scenario possible. I think the new version has the same flavor but has a better feel.
-Completely redone/expanded, and more historically accurate counters/chapter H.
-Redone and improved CG rules
-Redone and improved Mineroller tank rules
-Revised and updated map graphics
-etc, etc.
Thousands of hours of work invested already invested to make this a product up to BFP standards.
Working hard for a 2019 release, but a ton work to still be done.
This is the best description that I could find of what is "new" and what is changed in OtO 2. There are 32 total scenarios and they are listed on pg 4 (I think).

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't look at this as a reprint. Yes, the HASL stuff is similar to the original.
Otherwise changes are something like this:

-9 new scenarios
-4 revamped scenarios
-other scenarios tweaked/refined
-Counter data updated and improved (better historical information, etc)
-PT rules completely revised
-CG stuff and rules like aircraft revised and improved
-Additional of 4 board equivalents (2 DWs)
-Completely improved graphics in every area
-Addition of a player aid

Might be something I missed.

Chas

Hmmm. I am looking for "if you have the original this is what extra you are going to get" type thing. There are two new DW maps, ok.

Still, I am wondering if the HASL part is different or just a reissue.

Also how many completely new scenarios and how many reissued?

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
I have been waiting for this reprint since I returned to ASL a few years ago. Thanks for a great price on the Black Friday sale. ??

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm afraid the fear of shipping and customs costs means I'll wait for it to be available from a European retailer. I'll miss the preorder/discount price though.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm afraid the fear of shipping and customs costs means I'll wait for it to be available from a European retailer. I'll miss the preorder/discount price though.
Not that I can possibly confirm this but when I bought stuff from BFP they have been ....careful with their estimate of the value.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for answering the question Chas. I will order it when I get back into town.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A HASL from Dave Lamb. Operation Neptune. The British assault across the Seine at Vernon, France. Aug 1944.
Here's a shot of the Neptune map. Most all of the fighting takes place on the right hand bank with the Brits attempting a forced crossing of the river and establishing a bridgehead. CG VC is building control of most of the buildings on the right hand bank.

Attachments

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Nice to see the British and French getting coverage in ASL. The Seine crossing is pretty much forgotten today, despite Ken Ford doing a really good book on the subject. I did a small writeup of the action in my Tactical Wargamer's Journal. I get the impression that despite the German defeat in Normandy, this battle pitted fairly evenly matched forces against each other, and showed that the British, too, could fight a combined arms action.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's a shot of the Neptune map. Most all of the fighting takes place on the right hand bank with the Brits attempting a forced crossing of the river and establishing a bridgehead. CG VC is building control of most of the buildings on the right hand bank.
I really like the diagonal/oblique orientation of the terrain. A great example of what is possible on a HASL map.