Onslaught to Orsha

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Gentlemen,

Would like some input and discussion.

Russian Assault Engineerss, German armored AA halftracks, etc are all counters we have done previously such as in CoS.

They are also used in OtO. Do we include some?

Thanks much,
Chas
Yes please.

Even though most of us gets every single BFP print run, new folks don't and some can't. It will be good for them to have a package with the necessary counters. Plus on a longer term basis, it would suck if the package you got doesn't have the counters and the package with the counters is no longer in print.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Same answer as Houlie from me (though I'm not sure I'll buy the module, as I already have the 1st edition). If the special counters are used in scenarios, I'd say a note suggesting suitable replacements if the counters are not available would be enough. Not to mention people using VASL, where the physical counters are not used.

Russian Assault Engineers, at least, also appear in Red Factories.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Gentlemen,

Would like some input and discussion.

Russian Assault Engineerss, German armored AA halftracks, etc are all counters we have done previously such as in CoS.

They are also used in OtO. Do we include some?

Thanks much,
Chas
That is a more or less fundamental decision IMHO.

Does BFP want to act as a publisher, that provides "stand alone modules" or does it want to make a step that you need the equivalent of BFP "Core Modules" to play some of its products?

I would vote for the "stand alone module" approach.

I prefer BFP being a classic TPP rather than providing and requiring a parallel "game system" approach to MMP.

Thus - yes, put these counters in.

I say that despite attempting not to use any TPP counters at all if possible and to stick with the stock provided by MMP. (This is not saying your counters weren't well made or designed - I just have personal preference for the old school B/W stuff.)

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I need someone who has played the OtO CG (fairly recently) to contact me.

Thanks,
Chas

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are also developing an OtO Player Aid as we update everything. This is appears to be a good addition.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please contact me if you are interested in helping playtest some scenarios as we try to finish this off.

Thanks much,
Chas

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quick update:

-22 scenarios are final, formatted, and are at a minimum in some form of initial editing
-7 scenarios are near final, some a little closer than others
-at least 2 other scenarios in progress. More are in progress, but may just cut this off at 31 or 32 scenarios

Rison.Az

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy BFP team!

Just wanted to check in an see if this is still looking good for a 2019 release? Pre-order soon? Or do you think it will slip into 2020? Just working out my ASL wishlist for the year.

Keep up the great work!

Chad

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy BFP team!

Just wanted to check in an see if this is still looking good for a 2019 release? Pre-order soon? Or do you think it will slip into 2020? Just working out my ASL wishlist for the year.

Keep up the great work!

Chad
We are definitely keeping our fingers crossed on a 2019 release of this.

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Be that as it may, they still worked well....if it ain't broke.....?
Also, did boards 3, 22, 24, 41 & 42 (and maybe also 12? I'm not sure what that was first published in but I'm guessing it appeared before 1999) just wink out of existence 21 years ago and reappear 19 years ago?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Be that as it may, they still worked well....if it ain't broke.....?
Gotta agree here, the old OtO scenarios are classic and changing the boards is not a good idea, but if ya gotta make a few extra bucks off the collectors, then thats the way too go I guess.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gotta agree here, the old OtO scenarios are classic and changing the boards is not a good idea, but if ya gotta make a few extra bucks off the collectors, then thats the way too go I guess.
... and most of those old OtO scenarios/CG are sticking around just fine. So if you like the old OtO as a collector and you were lucky enough to be in the hobby 15 years ago when it was actually in stock to get it, great, don't get the re-release. A lot of folks weren't in the hobby then and couldn't get it when it came out, and don't want to get soaked on e(vil)bay. I think we are being very up front on what is coming out in OtO2, what is different, what is new, what is staying the same. So you'd recommend we do a straight up reprint for nostalgia sake, with a 20 year old color palette, HOB branding? As the designer of the original OtO, it is Chas's prerogative to do with his pack as he wishes, and if he wants to revisit some of his creations to try and make them better, that's his prerogative. Hell, we did a straight reprint recently of Blood and Jungle and Crucible of Steel just incorporating errata, and still caught flak from some quarters just for that.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Hell, we did a straight reprint recently of Blood and Jungle and Crucible of Steel just incorporating errata, and still caught flak from some quarters just for that.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't......l

For those interested I have a couple-three OtO Rev 1 I could be talked into selling.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Doing what you think is best for your business is perfectly fine.

No one's forced to buy anything. No product's geared for everyone either.

Last edited:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there an estimated Pre-order price?

Also, my OTOv1 pages all look like the ink cartridges were dying...

I like the professionally done later BFP items and will wait to order mine when the pre-order page opens up.

Just love the BFP aircraft counters...

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there an estimated Pre-order price?

Also, my OTOv1 pages all look like the ink cartridges were dying...

I like the professionally done later BFP items and will wait to order mine when the pre-order page opens up.

Just love the BFP aircraft counters...
I think you'll really like the looks of OtO2 then.