Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The new OtO and East Front project are two distinctly different products. Previously we thought we would include OtO in East Front but have decided differently.
I sort of look at it as East Front Volume II, CoS being Volume I. In the end it's fairly irrelevant, what comes out comes out. Every product has added new maps and counters that fill gaps in the official sets. Another Brick in the Wall (no not THAT wall).

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Well, you could have "Shooting in ..."

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Overall significant tremendous progress continues.

Recent playtester of Cruising for.... er..uh I mean Shootout at Slutsk commented the new board layout works great, and he didn't realize how good the scenario actually was.

Rick has also made great progress on new version of the HASL map.

Robert Hammond

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Listers, is it me or is Chas, aka the Colonel, changing his Avatar about once a week? I do like the "new" counters that appear to be for OtO! Here they??

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Listers, is it me or is Chas, aka the Colonel, changing his Avatar about once a week? I do like the "new" counters that appear to be for OtO! Here they??
He is cycling them out. These are some of the counters that we'll be producing for OtO. Our hope is that you like what you see.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We don't normally say this in public, but Chas (aka the Colonel) is in the Witness Protection Program so he needs to change his identity on a regular basis. Ooops....did I just let the cat out of the bag.....me bad.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Time for you to sleep with the fishes

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very much hoping OTO S1 & OTO S2 (the two SASL missions) are carried over to the reprint.
Still working on scenarios and such, so haven't gotten to them yet. I see no reason to keep them out of the new OtO.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Work continues. Rick and I have made great progress on the layout and initial editing of several major items. Very time consuming for both of us.

Looks like we will be incorporating a nice Player Aid.

Progress on scenarios is tremendous. Have made some decisions about some scenarios, and although not locked in, looks like this will be around 32 scenarios. The problem is I keep getting "squirrel!" distracted by so many more scenario possibilities. The good news is that several of the playtesters are commenting that some of the new scenarios may be the best ones in there!!

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen,

Would like some input and discussion.

Russian Assault Engineerss, German armored AA halftracks, etc are all counters we have done previously such as in CoS.

They are also used in OtO. Do we include some?

Thanks much,
Chas

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen,

Would like some input and discussion.

Russian Assault Engineerss, German armored AA halftracks, etc are all counters we have done previously such as in CoS.

They are also used in OtO. Do we include some?

Thanks much,
Chas
Since I already have both counter types you mention, my one vote in the process is no. It's rare I even punch counters anymore simply becuase they are most often duplicates. Thank you for asking.