Online gaming in Q2 of 2007 for the Wii

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Nintendo of America head honcho Reggie Fils-Aime has confirmed a rough date for when we'll start seeing the first online enabled Wii titles;

Reggie reveals date for Wii online gaming - Nintendo Wii News - Australia's PAL Gaming Network

Reggie said:
The multiplayer is coming. During the Japanese launch, there is Pokémon Battle Revolution, and that's really the first one. There will be titles that we'll be announcing in first quarter 2007, that'll be multiplayer-enabled. So during second quarter 2007, people will be able to have a [online] multiplayer experience on Wii
And there are some more Wii Channels in the works;

PalGN.com said:
In further good news for Wii fans, Fils-Aime revealed that Nintendo was hard at work developing more Wii channels, though revealed nothing about what they would involve.
Good news about the online multiplayer, although to be honest it should have supported it at launch - Wii Play and Wii Sports would have been great online, as would have Red Steel and Super Monkey Ball. Oh well, as long as Smash Bros ends up online i'm not complaining.

Jim

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
During the Japanese launch, there is Pokémon Battle Revolution, and that's really the first one.
must get. must get. must get. must get...

nice find boootaay, i was wondering what the first title would be :D

Ewan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
thats pretty cool i hope it get in corporated to the FPS and multiplayer games :D smash bros online for the wii