Online Funeral held in World of Warcraft

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
1up.com said:
Yahoo! News China is reporting that a young girl, nicknamed Snowly, died after playing World of Warcraft for several days straight during a national holiday. An online funeral service was held to commemorate her passing a week after her death. Another report, in English, is available here.

The screen capture is oddly moving. It must have been quite something.

I can't see how people can get so addicted to games, it's pretty sad imho

RomanticWolf

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
i had a story about a similer thing before..i dont get it eather...but now that anti-addiction thing should help.

RomanticWolf

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
well looking at population and the gov. sometimes games is all you have.

Scottay

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I remember something about a guy who played Everquest and when his account was deleted he commited suicide. Or something along the lines of that. It's sad really.

RomanticWolf

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
well if i lost my ff11 account after the 200+hours of work into it...i probaly would too.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Scottay said:
I remember something about a guy who played Everquest and when his account was deleted he commited suicide. Or something along the lines of that. It's sad really.
If things continue that like this, a ban or some kind of limit on how much time people are allowed to spend on these MMORPGS should be put in place. I also remember a story about a couple who divorced, then had a fight about who got to keep a character on Everquest or a similar game.

RBG

RomanticWolf

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
the world will ban games evetually then the NUF(nerds united forever.) Will rise and make a new online overlord empire(NOOB)

.MystiKal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Right how did she die? Sorry if its not in-respect but I don't seem to understand how? =/

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well I assume it was because she was dehydrated, hadn't eaten enough and was over tired - general symptoms of playing computer games for hours on end with no break.

Naluka

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well think about it, she was probably sat in the same position for ages, repetative motion strain injury, the stuff bootaay said, I played for 12 hours straight and I was fine, but then again I had a 12 inch pizza and 10 cans of coke...

Azsura

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know you kinda do feel sorry for the person, yet not seeing as they had no form of self control. If they had that then maybe it wouldn't of turned out so bad in the end, if she said she was tired she should of just taken a few minutes of rest and come back later. It stated she had been playing days straight on it..to be awake that long without food or water can tear you down..but to kill her? seems odd that people would make it sound like the 'game' itself killed her.

The game is a man-made thing, she can die if she chose to sit there and not take care of her health so really it boils down to what really caused it, but I'm sure there are things left out.

About the online funeral I see no crime against it, I've done a few rpgs myself and I understand things about reality and fantasy. It's not a bad thing to hold a memorial towards someone you knew who died, if those were people who knew her and wanted to hold a memorial then so be it. I won't judge them for it, because online is much different than whats real...she probably had a funeral already but the rest of them probably wanted to hold one for someone they cared about. We just do not know.

It seems like a big deal since it's kind of unheard of in some areas versus many other things that people die from due to stupidity.

trivium5318

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
i used to play ultima online but i just cancelled it not because of this just the cost and that, the were people in my guild that were on there all the time but never got that hooked

atleast_i_try

Reaction score
i dunno if you know about a stupid game called RUNESCAPE!!!!!!! (stabs screen)

well anyway some dude in rochford (were i live) hung himself in a public park after being like taken off it or something like that coz i saw the body so thats how addictive these things are

Dr_Placebo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I hope he is :(
That would have been in the papers.
Thats really sad.
I guess some people have nothing to live for, and so, place thier hopes and dreams in insignificant video games, and when that is taken away, they have nothing.
I hope no one turns out like this again.
DRP

lilninja

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
man those people are stupid. hopefully theres none of those types of people are on this site. i feel sorry for the girl.