One year (and 9 days) anniversary of no patch

Mike Acid

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Scott wanted to make one more update before the new year, but sadly he have some compiler problems. At the moment he doesn't know if it's the compiler itself (a bug), or if the game is too big. He will change compiler but it will take time so no update this year.

Too bad, the last update seemed promising.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whichever compiler he uses, I'm sure some industrial giant made a bigger program than he alone did. Ridiculous.

sandersan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llChina
Any news about the TSS series? Or has HPS already abandoned this project?

BTW, is the Tigers Unleashed worthy to purchase? I'm considering to get a copy, but the price seems high and there is no update for a long time.

void

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
It would be worth, but it's exactly in the same position as POA2. Both use the same code base, so updates are released for both of them at the same moment, when they are updated. Both games feel abandoned, so I advise you to skip it.

sandersan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llChina
I also wonder that is it okay to simulate WWII by using the engine from POA2? Is the engine used by POA2 to simulate the modern warfare also capable to work for WWII?

void

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Sure, it's a physical engine, so it's used the same. The changelogs are the same.

sandersan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llChina
Okay, so, how do you think just between TU and POA2? Have you purchased TU? How many scenarios in TU?(There are only ten more scenarios in POA2 and no new scenarios designed by community) Do the scenarios cover the entire East Front of WWII? Which game, TU and POA2, is perform better in conducting and resolving the scenarios? And which is better to provide the player with a more "real" warfare?

Sorry for massive questions at a time.:laugh:

void

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Yes, I've bought both. There are about 20 scenarios in TU. They cover German invasion on Poland in '39 and Operation Barbarossa.
Both games feel the same, as in fact it's one game with different databases.

sandersan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llChina
Thank you for your brief review! I see, these two games are the same games but own the different databases and focus on the warfares about different time period. Right?

perelandra67

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
the dev's are very active still with this game. They have made several new patches in the past month or so. I'm fairly new to TU, but it seems things are happening at a good pace. I have played several scenarios without issue. the game is of course still complex and requires one to go "all in." I describe TU as a mix between Steel Beasts and Command OPs 2. Great game, don't give up on it.

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for the reply, Asid.
However, even on your link, there is a beta release from almost 2 years ago, then many mentions of a soon release of some wonderful patch...much as was here for some years also.
I mean no disrespect, at all, to you, and sincerely hope that someday the "soon patch' will be released. I love the vision of this game very much... but as I replied above, there has not apparently been "several new patches in the past month or so..." and I do not hold out much hope there will be.

Asid

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Thank you for the reply, Asid.
However, even on your link, there is a beta release from almost 2 years ago, then many mentions of a soon release of some wonderful patch...much as was here for some years also.
I mean no disrespect, at all, to you, and sincerely hope that someday the "soon patch' will be released. I love the vision of this game very much... but as I replied above, there has not apparently been "several new patches in the past month or so..." and I do not hold out much hope there will be.
Hi Navman

I understand your frustration. I wish HPS would do things differently. I am constantly at them to change things.

I have been using beta releases. Quite a few. In fact I got one a few days ago. I will try and rectify this situation again. No guarantee.

Regards

Asid

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
I should be able to host the next beta for TU Here

It will be here in a few weeks, if not sooner.

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I could not help but fall back into the same pattern lol.
Having been on this forum, myself, defending the game for some years before realizing it was not ever going to be patched... I allowed the recent conversation to pull me back in... I am usually an optimist, plus I love the game, so it was easy to fall back into "maybe it will finally be noticed".

However... still there is nothing, only mention always of a soon patch... a commenter above claiming that many patches have been released in the past few months, etc.
I have always been a fan of HPS... have a shelf full of their games... but this one has soured me on them very much... I still try as I mentioned, to 'see the good' but I am not seeing it.
I know that I will probably still check back every few weeks, looking for the "big update that is a couple of weeks away" but I have to admit that now, if I ever see it, I will be so shocked that probably my heart will stop, and I won't be able to play it anyway lol.