ONE WILD RIDE Black Horse Armored Cavalry Nam ASL

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now at $310 with a day to go. I agree, it amazes me what people are willing to pay for ASL swag, especially as this is "untested" (regardless of the designer's reputation).

Alan

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
That's it. I'm designing my own ASL add ons. I will put your name on a leader counter for $310.00, and I will include a number of un-playtested scenarios from an era never covered by ASL before.

Falkland War anyone?

Bill

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey hey and hey again:clown:

I'm sure doresh and belcher are on the case and complaining to ebay as well as stalking this ebay seller 24/7. :D

They are like monty pythons inquisition, the Copyright police.................:laugh:

Scott

That's it. I'm designing my own ASL add ons. I will put your name on a leader counter for $310.00, and I will include a number of un-playtested scenarios from an era never covered by ASL before.

Falkland War anyone?

Bill

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What I"M not getting is why isn't the seller offering say $75 for it and have 100 copies available? If it's profit they want AND exposure, they'd get the best of both worlds, IMHO.

Just my thinking aloud there....

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Doc Martin

Reaction score

Falkland War anyone?

Bill

Waterloo.....No system is complete till you have coverage on Waterloo

Just think

British 4-1-8s against French 4-1-8s

Massed Inf guns
Cavalry
and those breachers with the Axes...

Doc

(and no, I do not advocate the design, devolpment, sale or purchase of such a project)

R.S. Barker

0-52 baby!
Reaction score
What I"M not getting is why isn't the seller offering say $75 for it and have 100 copies available?
Your correct of course. Sadly though, 7500 bucks for 100 sounds good - at this rate he'll make 30000 doing it the easy way. Somewhere, someone is laughing. Wait a minute - that's my echo. 8))

In August, I plan to write this guy and offer a one time payment of 100 bucks for all 3 modules. If he turns it down well then we will know where his true "loyalty" lies and it isn't for the "good of the game'.

Why would I want it?

No I'm not a Nam guy, but I'm curious enough about the contents to consider 100 bucks an investment in discovering and reviewing the entire lot and posting my results. Of all the sites I can think of, Michael's own Tactical website would be the best place.

Cheers,

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Waterloo.....No system is complete till you have coverage on Waterloo

Just think

British 4-1-8s against French 4-1-8s

Massed Inf guns
Cavalry
and those breachers with the Axes...

Doc

(and no, I do not advocate the design, devolpment, sale or purchase of such a project)

Berserk Ney
Lethargic Napoleon
Mud
Prussians!
Hedgerows
Sunken Roads
Fortified Fanatic Locations
Sand Pits
Barrages
Plancenoit
Forced Marches

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In August, I plan to write this guy and offer a one time payment of 100 bucks for all 3 modules. If he turns it down well then we will know where his true "loyalty" lies and it isn't for the "good of the game'
In all honesty, why should that be a requirement? I don't think all ASL production is so philothantropic, but contains an element of selfishness on the part of the designer/producer...and I don't think it necessarily a bad thing. <shrug>

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
What I"M not getting is why isn't the seller offering say $75 for it and have 100 copies available? If it's profit they want AND exposure, they'd get the best of both worlds, IMHO.

Just my thinking aloud there....

Mark DV
Ada, MI
Because they're put together by hand.

Why not just ask the seller? I did.

Patrocles

Reaction score

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I bet he said no:devious:
He was quite pleasant; the products look professional - but all we're seeing is the artwork. I have no idea what the physical counters and map overlays look like - thickness, quality of cutting, etc. They are cut by hand, not by a die-cutter. That hasn't been deterring people from buying these, nor should it, really. I'm curious to see the quality of the rules sheet and scenario cards, personally, so if anyone on the forum puts out some cash for these and favours us with a photo or two, I'd love to see what the physical components look like.

As for the "profit motive" - quite possible the guy is just doing it for the fun of it. Granted, he could put them up as a Buy-it-Now of 50 bucks if that was really, really true. :D But there is a point at which a hobby-businessman really doesn't want to bother with mass production and just make a few bucks on a tiny bit of inventory. I went through it with my replica uniform business. I got an enquiry from a Hollywood movie company that wanted to buy from me in bulk - hundreds of uniforms and insignia. I said "no thanks" because it would have meant going on the radar with customs, revenue, etc. and been a ton of work that I simply wasn't willing to put in, whereas before I could order 10 or 12 uniforms from my suppliers overseas at a time, personalize them to each individual customer as they wanted, and get the kind of feedback and relationship with the consumer that made it all rewarding. Selling in bulk was absolutely not my idea of a fun hobby.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
He was quite pleasant; .
I was not infering he was or would not but in fact why should he sell them in that way? Why do so many peeps hate ebay or the seller who makes big bucks, if no one shells out they don't make money. It's all about supply and demand, if you want a bit of it try for it, I realise the name adds $s to the selling price as well.

My point was he said no not said NO!, main point here is he can make what ever you are willing to pay and if 99% of us were in the same position then we would too.

I just don't want it BUT I have it on watch:D

Los

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If people are so hot on Vietnam they should join the MASL yahoo group to get free access to a high quality modern ASL mod with a Vietnam module AND Vasl extensions...

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
If people are so hot on Vietnam they should join the MASL yahoo group to get free access to a high quality modern ASL mod with a Vietnam module AND Vasl extensions...
When's the last time you looked at the MASL yahoo group? :devious:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
$363 that is just nuts!

Peace

Roger
Compared to what? 3 million dollars for a baseball?

http://www.teako170.com/70th.html

If you got it, have fun with it, babe. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Saying he was a "psycho fan" and a "sports geek," Spawn creator Todd McFarlane revealed Monday he was the anonymous bidder who paid almost $3 million for Mark McGwire's 70th home run ball.
It's nice to know that Mrs. Johns' little pervert has his followers in the sports world. :D

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
$363 that is just nuts!

Peace

Roger
How about spending 1.36 million dollars per day for each day since Jesus' birth as a "stimulus package" - now that is nuts.

Rich

swellington

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How about spending 1.36 million dollars per day for each day since Jesus' birth as a "stimulus package" - now that is nuts.

Rich
No what is really nuts is spending approx. 4 million a day since jesus' birth on a war in the sand we couldnt ever win! but hey its making somebody rich and keeping those dogs of war in work.

Last edited: