ONE WILD RIDE Black Horse Armored Cavalry Nam ASL

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
No what is really nuts is spending approx. 4 million a day since jesus' birth on a war in the sand we couldnt ever win! but hey its making somebody rich and keeping those dogs of war in work.
The act of fighting it is a victory in itself - done not for profit, but as an expression of principle. But I doubt this is the place for such discussions.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
How about spending 1.36 million dollars per day for each day since Jesus' birth as a "stimulus package" - now that is nuts.

Rich
Sort of like waging a war in Iraq on credit. What is going to happen when *that* bill comes due.

Face it both parties are screwing up the country and we sit idely by and throw the lever the party cheifs allow us to throw.

its a nightmare.

Peace

roger

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
The act of fighting it is a victory in itself - done not for profit, but as an expression of principle. But I doubt this is the place for such discussions.
not for profit, please, lets not get too crazy here:clown::nuts: there was lots of profit to be had.....

Peace

roger

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seeing this thread is making me want to pull out my collection of "Hammer's Slammers" paperback books (David Drake rode with the Blackhorse in 'Nam) and begin reading them again...

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No what is really nuts is spending approx. 4 million a day since jesus' birth on a war in the sand we couldnt ever win! but hey its making somebody rich and keeping those dogs of war in work.
Not trying to start a flamewar but the LA Times estimates that the Iraq war will exceed Vietnam by year end, making it second behind WWII. Their year end estimate is $694 billion, which is still 69% of the "stimulus package" and a long ways from 4 million a day you quoted.

Rich

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
not for profit, please, lets not get too crazy here:clown::nuts: there was lots of profit to be had.....

Peace

roger
You are correct; not living in a country with rape rooms and having democracy restored is indeed a profit by any stretch of the imagination. My mistake.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not trying to start a flamewar but the LA Times estimates that the Iraq war will exceed Vietnam by year end, making it second behind WWII. Their year end estimate is $694 billion, which is still 69% of the "stimulus package" and a long ways from 4 million a day you quoted.

Rich
Really, this is what The Pub is for.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
130 messages just this month. The files are up there. Played some Vietnam scenarios on VASL just the other day...?
Which sub-folder? Last time I checked the Vietnam folders had been swept clean, including the scenario that I had created. I asked Frank about it and he said he had moved them to his personal hard drive, to be reinstated later.

I just re-checked, and I can't find any of the scenarios - including my own. I asked Frank if he could email a copy to me, but never heard back - if you have a copy of the one I did, I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me - I've mislaid it at my end.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've travelled to Anniston Alabama this week and will be here until the 10th of June.

I am truly amazed at how much everyone is gripping about the price of this "variant" of cardboard combat.

I'll never worry about getting these items; but I DID purchase close to $200 from MMP this last week, with arrival to my location NLT June 5th.

Now I think I spent my ASL allowance very well.