"One Thing About..." Heroes

DaveStory

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wanted to try out a collaborative/competitive concept, which would be partially rules and partially tactics – so I’m arbitrarily putting it in the Rules Section.

I'm calling it the "One Thing About" (OTA) series.

Here is the concept:
Each thread will be about a particular aspect of the game. I’m starting this first thread off with ‘Heroes’. Each person to submit to the thread enters one (new) rule/tactic regarding the subject.

Guidelines:
1) The rule/tactic should be a single sentence which touches on only one facet of the thread topic.
2) No ‘multiple-postings’ (ie, you must wait until somebody else posts before you can submit another entry)

I think this will create a nice compilation of pointers for those people who want to brush-up on the topic at hand. Also, it will allow the seasoned players to dig deep into their arsenal for new items to post after the more obvious information about the topic has been entered.

My submission to start off this thread is:
Heroes get a -1 DRM to their TH and IFT DR, when firing a SW.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
There is no feminine Hero in ASL.:cry:

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gimmee that!!!

Heroes may recover a SW, just like a leader, i.e. from a broken squad.

JT

ctewks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heroes -1 modifier applies to the whole FG he is part of, even if not in the same location and is cumulative with any leadership DRMs.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
I don´t like hero rule at all.

:paperbag:

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A hero with an Atr can combine with a firegroup and extend his heroic -1 out to 12 hexes.

Rich

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Heroes -1 modifier applies to the whole FG he is part of, even if not in the same location and is cumulative with any leadership DRMs.

A hero with an Atr can combine with a firegroup and extend his heroic -1 out to 12 hexes.

Rich
And the rule that binds these two together is that the -1 heroic modifier can only be applied to shots within the normal range of the hero's FP or the normal range of any SW he happens to be manning.

I didn't break the rules did I?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The most famous Japanese hero was Hero Ito.:laugh:

Heroes can only be captured by CC.

Beseler

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Not a rule, just a thing, already echoed here.

It is a 'bad thing' when your leader becomes heroic. Make sure you stack him with a unit that, if need be, you can voluntary break, so that your heroic leader can RUN AWAY with them. Otherwise, heroic leaders tend to get jumped in CC. That is, if they don't already fail their wound roll when the break a simple NMC.

Many of us have '10-3s that went heroic, ie, soon died' stories....

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hero's are deadly with a Baz(Or Piat or Panzerscheck). Between the not pinning, no breaking(of course he needs to survive the Wound dr), 6 mp
9 moral, and the -1 TH. :surprise:

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Candygram for Mongo!

Heroes make excellent DC deliverers and FT bases. If not only for the use of these weapons but the fire they will draw, thus freeing other units from possible deadly fire.

:ciao:

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
heroic leaders

Not a rule, just a thing, already echoed here.

It is a 'bad thing' when your leader becomes heroic. Make sure you stack him with a unit that, if need be, you can voluntary break, so that your heroic leader can RUN AWAY with them. Otherwise, heroic leaders tend to get jumped in CC. That is, if they don't already fail their wound roll when the break a simple NMC.

Many of us have '10-3s that went heroic, ie, soon died' stories....
I believe a heroic leader wounds, rather than breaks, so your suggestion is against the rules, IIRC.