On AT Mines

Pecete

Reaction score
First name
Pedro
Country
llSpain
28.52 Each A-T Mine attacks on the 36+ column of the IFT. my question is each A-T Mine field or mine factor?

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
28.52 Each A-T Mine attacks on the 36+ column of the IFT. my question is each A-T Mine field or mine factor?
You first determine if your vehicle was hit by an AT mine. The more mine factors in the hex, the better the chance. If it was hit by a mine, you roll once on the 36+ column.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unlike SL it really doesn't matter as the strength of the minefield is not reduced by a successful/unsuccessful attack; it is simply the strength of the A-T minefield. {See A_T_Great's reply}

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
You make one dr against the AT mine factors to determine if an attack is made at all, then one DR on the 36+ column. For example if you have four AT mine factors in a hex and a vehicle enters the hex, you make one (only) dr. If the dr is ≤ 4, you make one (only) DR on the 36+ column. If the dr is ≥ 5, no attack is made. You don't make multiple drs or DRs for a single act of entry/exit.

JR

Last edited:

Pecete

Reaction score
First name
Pedro
Country
llSpain
Understood and thanks, the rule to be clear then should say Each A-T Minefield attacks...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Understood and thanks, the rule to be clear then should say Each A-T Minefield attacks...
The AT Mines are referred to as "Mines" collectively, not minefields unlike the A-P section. In the A-T Mines rules the individual elements are referred to as "factors," so I think if it meant that each element attacked it would have to say "Each A-T Mine factor attacks...". It might be less confusing if the rules used "AT Minefields" instead of "AT Mines" when speaking of the collective entity, but I don't see anywhere that "A-T Minefields" is used. It's always "A-P minefields" but "A-T Mines." I understand why you find this confusing, but I think the rules are consistent in their usage of the terms, and that "Each A-T Mine attacks..." is correct within the context of those rules.

JR