ON-1 Unarmed half squads

Gwinnell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In ON -1 are the unarmed halfsquads treated as normal or are they just a mechanism to start the scenario trucks without a driver?
In other words are they worth CVP or exit VP's?

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
The Unarmed HS have no CVP/VP values of their own... only the Trucks have VP values when exited/Eliminated.
The HS are just a mechanizism for the truck to not just be driven off board for a zero turn scenario..

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
The Unarmed HS have no CVP/VP values of their own... only the Trucks have VP values when exited/Eliminated.
Setting this one up.....

The EVP portion of the German VP possibilities requires "Good Order German Infantry". As you state, the Unarmed HS have no EVP value. The trucks, not being GO German Infantry have no EVP value. Any truck passengers exited off the board are not Infantry but are Passengers, therefore having no EVP value. The only use for the trucks might be to load Passengers, traverse a handful of hexes, and unload the Passengers so they can exit on foot as Infantry. So beyond possibly being historical, what are the trucks for?

My only guess is that they exist only to be shepherded from becoming partisan CVP, either that or the VC require errata to allow for them to become EVP.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Funny...
I was infantry when in my Vietnam bunker.
As I remember, the Marine Corps still considered me as infantry when I was transported in a 6-by truck.
Same uniform, same rifle, same equipment, same risk of getting shot.

Reactions: PTY

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Funny...
I was infantry when in my Vietnam bunker.
As I remember, the Marine Corps still considered me as infantry when I was transported in a 6-by truck.
Same uniform, same rifle, same equipment, same risk of getting shot.
I do not doubt your "reality"-definition of Infantry, I am simply trying to play this boardgame called ASL by the rules as written. From the Index, Infantry, "(all SMC & MMC counters on foot; i.e., not mounted as Cavalry or PRC): Chapter A [DYO.....]". So, when the VC state that as part of the German VP that EVP must be "Good Order Infantry", neither trucks nor Passengers qualify as such.

To include trucks/Passengers as possible EVP, but not the AFVs or their crews, as you seemed to have designed it to be, requires an errata to the VC. Instead of "Good Order Infantry", it should say "Good Order German Infantry/PRC/vehicles (AFV/AFV crews NA)", or something similar.

Last edited: