Omaha beach topographical map ?

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Anybody knows were I can find one (for free) ?

The more detailed, the better :)

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Thanx, but wasn't easy to access the website, seems they are blocking all non-US IPs, I first had to install and use a proxy service to get access! Who knows, otherwise I might have stolen importat US military secrets for US eyes only, like the normandy invasion plans :nuts:

Case

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Kraut said:
Thanx, but wasn't easy to access the website, seems they are blocking all non-US IPs, I first had to install and use a proxy service to get access! Who knows, otherwise I might have stolen importat US military secrets for US eyes only, like the normandy invasion plans :nuts:
*phew* It's nice to see that I'm not the only person unable to load US military sites. I'll take my tinfoil hat off now ;)

The strange thing is that the blanket ban includes the military's various sources of propaganda such as the defencelink news site. :rolleyes:

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I do not think there is a blocking of all non-US IPs as I check almost daily the CMH website and keep an eye on all U.S. armed services websites. I even subscribed to the Air Force Online news and receive it every day in my email box without any problem though my computers obviously use a French .fr IP address.

The mystery gets thicker...

Nemo

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
nemo said:
I do not think there is a blocking of all non-US IPs as I check almost daily the CMH website and keep an eye on all U.S. armed services websites. I even subscribed to the Air Force Online news and receive it every day in my email box without any problem though my computers obviously use a French .fr IP address.

The mystery gets thicker...

Nemo
I have access, too. Maybe some suspected terrorists are blocked (e.g. Kraut). Do not try to fly to USA, you will be arrested at the airport, and transferred to gitmo... :D

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
laszlo.nemedi said:
I have access, too. Maybe some suspected terrorists are blocked (e.g. Kraut). Do not try to fly to USA, you will be arrested at the airport, and transferred to gitmo... :D
Maybe then am I granted access because I spent my honeymoon in the U.S. :D

Nemo

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
nemo said:
Maybe then am I granted access because I spent my honeymoon in the U.S. :D

Nemo
Only if you spent a lot of money, if you just closed the door and you two never went out when it is only a mistake... :D

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
laszlo.nemedi said:
Only if you spent a lot of money, if you just closed the door and you two never went out when it is only a mistake... :D
We did spend a lot of money, but I can hardly imagine a better use of it - it was worth every single cent. As for the rest, no problem going out, "honeymoon" seemed to work as a magic word there, putting friendly smiles on every face. But granted, we had to close the door from time to time :halo:

Nemo

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
nemo said:
We did spend a lot of money, but I can hardly imagine a better use of it - it was worth every single cent. As for the rest, no problem going out, "honeymoon" seemed to work as a magic word there, putting friendly smiles on every face. But granted, we had to close the door from time to time :halo:

Nemo
Yeah! The French love is famous :D

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I got a solution

Kraut,

I'm abble to get an IGN map at 1/25000 scale sure it is not for free but if you are intered with send me an Email.

Looking at www.ign.fr I've found that there is a specific map of D Day price 4.90€

Der wanderer

Last edited: