Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thanks. I still won’t use Facebook. I don’t trust that “human” called Zuckerberg.
After past ten years on FB, I quit a year ago.
The negs outweighed the positives by far.
I liked the different ASL FB groups, though - one of which I had created (I left it to the custody of other people before leaving).

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
As one of the main protagonists for MwT1, along with the late Kerry Smith, I'd love to gather together everything from it (and the subsequent MwTs) in one place. I have the original scoring file, Michael Dorosh's research material, plus a half written article about the concept which I was going to submit to MMP for a Journal but life got in the way of. I only have my scenario though.... I do have everything for MwTii as well, including the top 5 scenarios.

We had a fairly stellar cast of both submitters in MwTi (Shelling/Houseman/Olden/Meyer to name but a few) and judges (Steve Linton, Toms Repetti and Jazbutis, Jim Taylor and Dave Roth) and we all played each scenario in the top 5 at least once. I think Robin Reeve did the front cover IIRC.

If anyone wants them, then I'm happy to pass them on or put them somewhere for posterity. I always thought that they'd make a nice physical pack too...certainly the first two MwT's had some great scenarios in them.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I didn't do the front cover.
I submitted a scenario - but did not win the contest.
However, I started a thread about different scenarios covering the same situation, which generated the first MwT project.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
As one of the main protagonists for MwT1, along with the late Kerry Smith, I'd love to gather together everything from it (and the subsequent MwTs) in one place. I have the original scoring file, Michael Dorosh's research material, plus a half written article about the concept which I was going to submit to MMP for a Journal but life got in the way of. I only have my scenario though.... I do have everything for MwTii as well, including the top 5 scenarios.

We had a fairly stellar cast of both submitters in MwTi (Shelling/Houseman/Olden/Meyer to name but a few) and judges (Steve Linton, Toms Repetti and Jazbutis, Jim Taylor and Dave Roth) and we all played each scenario in the top 5 at least once. I think Robin Reeve did the front cover IIRC.

If anyone wants them, then I'm happy to pass them on or put them somewhere for posterity. I always thought that they'd make a nice physical pack too...certainly the first two MwT's had some great scenarios in them.
I have some of this material as well - you could always upload it to the Scenario Archive, I think, as there is a page for each contest there.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I added (sort of) Quickfire 2 to the ASL Scenario Archive (could not figure out how to do it properly), if you do a search for quickfire and then go to Quickfire 1, you can see they have a download link for that one. I tried to do the same to Quickfire 2, but don't think that link works but I uploaded the file as an image it seemed to work and when you click on it you should have access to Quickfire 2. Best I could do.

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I added (sort of) Quickfire 2 to the ASL Scenario Archive (could not figure out how to do it properly), if you do a search for quickfire and then go to Quickfire 1, you can see they have a download link for that one. I tried to do the same to Quickfire 2, but don't think that link works but I uploaded the file as an image it seemed to work and when you click on it you should have access to Quickfire 2. Best I could do.
Again, thanks.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PM "Hoxson1" on Gamesquad here, he can get you all linked up with ASL Scen Archive. :)

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen

I was reading the thread and got to wondering how many of these contest were "held" and how many scenario packs were produce
and posted on-line? I have a number of the early ones, but was curious about this?

Thnaks
Joe

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
What were the Quickfire contests?
It seems that they are along a given theme: partisans and wounded leaders, respectively?