Old Grognard sitrep please

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mac: came to Winter Offensive briefly. Had been working with Fortenberry and Kibler several years ago, but not now.

Mark Nixon: FB indicates hanging with significant other and grandkids, traveling when not quarantined; didn’t see him at ASLOK 2019.

Rex Martin: incommunicado

Don Greenwood: retired as WBC (aka DonCon) Director, but still attends to play games

The Sislers: Bill is still designing scenarios and tee-shirts.

Guy Cheney: secretly playing McGrath

Mike McGrath: retired in FL, still kicks butt.

Eric Baker: unknown

the Michigan Mob: Mudge still attends ASLOK.

Jim Collier: unknown

Fortenberry: finished advanced Degree he was working on despite health problems which have kept him from the design board.

Charlie Kibler: still producing kickass map art.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Mac: came to Winter Offensive briefly. Had been working with Fortenberry and Kibler several years ago, but not now.

Mark Nixon: FB indicates hanging with significant other and grandkids, traveling when not quarantined; didn’t see him at ASLOK 2019.

Rex Martin: incommunicado

Don Greenwood: retired as WBC (aka DonCon) Director, but still attends to play games

The Sislers: Bill is still designing scenarios and tee-shirts.

Guy Cheney: secretly playing McGrath

Mike McGrath: retired in FL, still kicks butt.

Eric Baker: unknown

the Michigan Mob: Mudge still attends ASLOK.

Jim Collier: unknown

Fortenberry: finished advanced Degree he was working on despite health problems which have kept him from the design board.

Charlie Kibler: still producing kickass map art.
Thanks Perry, nice report!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Charles Kibler injured himself recently and has been clobbered with hefty medical bills:

Oh... I hope that he will fully recover.

What strikes me is the following:

Charlie is not the first one here, who - despite being in work etc. - seems to be threatened by severe financial issues simply for receiving medical service. Prices for medical supplies and services are higher in the US than anywhere else. For the exactly the same medicament by the same company, the price is not rarely more than double than in other countries. Similarily in Europe, though differences in prices for identical pharmaceutical products by the same company in different countries is still very marked but not that extreme as in the US. At the same time is appears to be extremely expensive (no wonder...) getting health insurance. Amorally high profits in "Life Science" if you ask me. At least this is my personal experience when working in that field. This system is rotten. We see, who is ultimately paying the price: Charlie, you, and me...

von Marwitz

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Oh... I hope that he will fully recover.

What strikes me is the following:

Charlie is not the first one here, who - despite being in work etc. - seems to be threatened by severe financial issues simply for receiving medical service. Prices for medical supplies and services are higher in the US than anywhere else. For the exactly the same medicament by the same company, the price is not rarely more than double than in other countries. Similarily in Europe, though differences in prices for identical pharmaceutical products by the same company in different countries is still very marked but not that extreme as in the US. At the same time is appears to be extremely expensive (no wonder...) getting health insurance. Amorally high profits in "Life Science" if you ask me. At least this is my personal experience when working in that field. This system is rotten. We see, who is ultimately paying the price: Charlie, you, and me...

von Marwitz
Indeed. Here we have a public health service and our family has health insurance too, but at +/- €200 per month for a family of four, it's nowhere near as prohibitive a cost as it is in the US.

rtroha

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm glad to see that most of the people I knew in those days are still hanging in there.

Mark Nixon is a grandfather! Ha! One of my ASL memories with Mark was the time he and I were playing a scenario at my house and (as usual) I was losing. My pregnant wife came down stairs and announced her water had just broken. Mark says, "Boy, you'll use any ploy to avoid losing a scenario."

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I'm glad to see that most of the people I knew in those days are still hanging in there.

Mark Nixon is a grandfather! Ha! One of my ASL memories with Mark was the time he and I were playing a scenario at my house and (as usual) I was losing. My pregnant wife came down stairs and announced her water had just broken. Mark says, "Boy, you'll use any ploy to avoid losing a scenario."
Lmao! A game tactic I wasn't aware of.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I had mentioned in the menage thread about teaming up with Russ Hall, does anyone have any info on him?