OK, who's having problems w/ the patch?

D3adkl0wn

..your own personal Jesus
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok, before last week WoW was running at a stable 60+fps with a tiny drop in cities.. after the new patch things started going downhill..

- we got floating zebras (near XR)
- thunder lizards that are 3/4 underground (near camp T)
- invisible/hopping spiders (Arathi highlands)
- raptors that don't follow terrain, they just walk through hills (arathi highlands)
- there's one of those "candle-on-the-head" guys stuck on a crack near hammerfall

and most bothersome of all is the fact that when i'm near a town now, or flying, my FPS drops to 30 or less.. kind of like a step-step-skip motion.. however outside main meeting areas all is well.. and i know that near cities lag is to be expected, but come on.. this much lag never affected me before..

i've gotten rid of mods, i've done the whole renaming folders with "-OLD" and nothing works.. it's annoying to say the least..

from what i'm reading tho i'm getting off lucky, for some the newest patch has TOTALLY killed their game, making it run at under 10FPS..

oh, for the sake of argument, cause i know i'm gonna get asked.. i'm running a 3.0Ghz p4 HT, 2Gb RAM, ATI Radeon X700pro 256Mb Vid card... the computer CAN handle WoW.. all my drivers are up to date, my case is clean and has good airflow, my computer(CPU,vidcard,case, and HDD)is well under high temp levels and the computer is clean of viruses, spyware, malware, trojans, and STD's .. part of me blames the Allies.. lol..

any thoughts guys?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You should try a virgin install of WoW. Sometimes there are just build-ups of file dependancies, renamed/removed/replaced files that cause things to screw up when changes are made and the like. Much like Windows OSes, every once in a while it seems that WoW needs to be completely wiped and reinstalled. Have had this same issue on 2 different PCs now, and this was the only thing that seemed to clear up the problems.

D3adkl0wn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
well the problem of the lag seems to have cleared up with the mini-patch released today.. however there are still some issues of hopping/bouncing mobs.. but hey, you can't have it all

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Odd - haven't seen any of the things described. It was nice to go a whole day without getting spammed by gold farms... (sigh)

:laugh:

D3adkl0wn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
the you my friend are lucky.. almost as lucky as treasure hunter corbix has been lately.. lol..

picture this if you will..

(in the Arathi Highlands)
i had a raptor nearly dead and feared, and my DoTs would have finished him off so i moved on to another one.. which happened to pull a second with it.. no issue, i can handle 2 lvl33 raptors.. until the first raptor (remember him?) walked thru a lil hill, and therefore registered as out of sight, thus dropping all of my DoTs and regaining full health.. and of course still setting his sights on me

so then there were 3.. to put it simply, the undead cloth wearers are not equipped with the proper necessities to handle 69 combined lvls of raptor tearing away at them ..

and so.. Benic died that fateful day, as the raptors gnawed on his rotting bones, and fought over which one would dine on his tasty skull pudding..

..and i hated the game a teensie bit for it. lol

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Odd - haven't seen any of the things described. It was nice to go a whole day without getting spammed by gold farms... (sigh)

:laugh:
too funny. what i hated was logging in and seeing i have mail, and then seeing it was from gold farmers, argh.

corbix

screenshot guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
nope not me , but that thing that happened to benic happend to me in pvp also any one kno when in the battlegrounds why when i die i lose my firestone i mean im not suposed to lose it less im loged out for more than 15minutes ? i was ticked off lol and deserted the BG lol.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don't get me started! :laugh:

My problem isn't that I'm unlucky with drops (I actually do pretty decent, I think), but rather that when I log in it usually takes me two hours to reply to all the whispers, do the guild bank, reply to all the officers that have concerns, take care of guild management, review all the reports, etc... And then it's time to log out, so I spent 20 silver on teleporting, and managed to go out and kill 3 monsters, which each drop 2 silver worth of stuff. :D

I'm gonna go broke at this rate! ;)

corbix

screenshot guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yea i havent found anything good in the last few logins and i spend about 1g an hour leveling lol