Ok - so lots of us would probably do this if we had the cash................

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Anyone with the cash for a tank should also be to afford to store a tank properly, out of the elements, not to mention the costs of maintenance and flat-bedding to events. I live on a row of townhouses. Worst was the guy who parked his landscaping business' 25-foot pickup with 30 foot trailer across three different property fronts. Technically no laws were broken but it's no less annoying to walk out your own front door and find that the sidewalk is cut off by some Dodge duallie that you can only get around by walking all over your neighbour's lawn. I think he topped out at three units, all parked on our street. We still have the part time school bus driver who parks her rig in the back alley.

Love looking at tanks in museums. Blocking my sidewalk, just another eye-sore. I would not be "that guy" to my neighbors.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

Acquaintance of mine brought out his running M5 Stuart to a film-shoot last year. He has a whole fleet of runners - DUKW, couple of halftracks, etc. He keeps them all in various shops, under cover, and trucks them out for events like this. If you can afford to run and ship a tank, you can afford to store it.

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fantasized several years ago about having an M3 HT - with winterizing of course, to drive to WO in, in a blizzard - think the State Police would let me through. Plenty of PP in back for ASL stuff.?