OK so ASL Starter Kit Expansion Pack #1 is back what else is coming.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Read Journal 12 : there are details about what is scheduled in it.
Buy Journal 12 would be the answer.

Now, the new WO pack and Journal 12 just have been produced. I believe that we can learn to be slightly patient, rather than strive for a new production immediately, as if we were drug addicts.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why? I have checked what is in Journal 12 and it does not seem to have anything I need. Why should I have to buy something to find out what is coming? I can think of no other product that requires that action. I still need to complete my armory so I am concentrating my finances on that. Now if there were some Allied Minor AFVs, French, or Axis Minor AFVs then I might. They also need to get away for massive modules that cost close to a couple hundred bucks. The only thing I can think of is that they do not want to create new demand.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I think there is a thread somewhere around here with a list of all things currently in the pipe, MMP and TPP.

von Marwitz

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I have checked what is in Journal 12 and it does not seem to have anything I need.
If you've already seen the very-recent "what's coming" list, why are you asking "what's coming"? Do you think that there are two lists, one that they publish in Journals and one that they publish elsewhere?

The "what's coming" list is always subject to change. Ask again in six months.

If it helps you any, I can assure you (based on prior statements from MMP) that (a) no product containing Allied Minor, Axis Minor or French units is going to be appearing any time soon -- the Dinant HASL module being the closest; and (b) massive modules that cost big bucks are probably here to stay.

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is what was in J12:

Meanwhile, here at MMP Central and across our worldwide empire, we continue to work hard on a multitude of great projects. Primary among them has been The Forgotten War, ASL in the Korean War, which we continue to develop in coordination with the designers as we lay it out. The Slaughter at Ponyri gang continue to work on the modifications arising out of the latest research (see the piece in J11). We took the major step of combining the existing Red Barricades HASL in with the new Red October HASL into one big Red Factories HASL under the direction of Gary Fortenberry. Charlie Kibler is busy re-painting the maps electronically, and we are even adding overlays for the Red Barricades map to accommodate the recent scholarship in that area. Red Factories is currently up for preorder. Also available (for preorder only) is a Red October only version at a lower price for those who do not wish to update their Red Barricades. We accepted the submission of a historical module covering the 1940 crossing of the Meuse at Dinant from designers Dan Dolan, Carl Nogueira, and Nadir Elfarra, and we intend to combine this with the reprint of the French module Croix de Guerre a bit down road, after the reprint of Hollow Legions (with the Italians, the desert rules, and Soldiers of the Negus). We have made major strides over the past year on an electronic ASLRB and hope to announce more details about that before long. We didn’t do a Special Ops this summer, so we expect to publish the Hatten mini-HASL as a stand-alone product. That is also what we intend for the Swedish Volunteers pack that Martin Svard and Erik Leander and their Scandinavian crew are letting us republish; look for both in the first half of 2017. Meanwhile, work progresses on the overlay pack and on the supplemental mapboard pack.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmm.... And you are basing this leap of crystal logic on?
No, just from your unwillingness to dig or do a little research yourself with just a few mouse clicks. And by your willingness to whine when you don't get your answers immediately.

We get it. You want your Maypo NOW! But as you read in the paragraph above by Misterhawk, at least I hope you read it unless you want it spoon fed to you, that MMP is busily working on many projects. Projects that the majority of its customers want and will purchase. Not a product that isn't wanted or needed, except by you and possibly a few others.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Wow, I don't have my copy of the Journal yet, so this is news to me. I'm especially happy of the bit on the electronic rulebook!

As for keeping things in print... I don't know how much overcost a "print on demand" entails; but keeping at least BV available should be a top priority (since it's the only way to get into the game). I'm not sure how much a "big huge box o'ASL" containing all the core modules (possibly without BV) would have to sell for, nor how many people would make the leap and actually get it, but it would be a possible way for a newly dedicated player to get a complete system (if one compares to the price of some second-hand core modules, I think it might get some buyers).

FDBarbarian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, I don't have my copy of the Journal yet, so this is news to me. I'm especially happy of the bit on the electronic rulebook!

As for keeping things in print... I don't know how much overcost a "print on demand" entails; but keeping at least BV available should be a top priority (since it's the only way to get into the game). I'm not sure how much a "big huge box o'ASL" containing all the core modules (possibly without BV) would have to sell for, nor how many people would make the leap and actually get it, but it would be a possible way for a newly dedicated player to get a complete system (if one compares to the price of some second-hand core modules, I think it might get some buyers).
I work for a large commercial printer. Print on demand has minimum costs - there's overhead to pay just for set-up, production and wages much less the material. I'm ignorant on the logistics of the counters since we do not have capabilities here for that, but I'm sure the same goes. I can understand why print on demand can be costly. It makes more sense produce in quantity than one by one. Unless, of course, there is a demand to pay twice as much for any module. I'm sure that will go over well. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Last edited:

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's what I hear straight from the horses mouth at Winter Offensive....

1) Sweedish Volunteers
2) Hatten
3) Hollow Legions (color me surprised - If it's this far along, they sure have been secretive about it)
4) Red Factories
5) Ponyri
6) Dinant...

All maybe this year....

Now... The question is - who was the horse?

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

1) Sweedish Volunteers
2) Hatten
3) Hollow Legions (color me surprised - If it's this far along, they sure have been secretive about it)
4) Red Factories
5) Ponyri
6) Dinant...

All maybe this year....

That's fantastic news if all those come out this year, heck it'd be pretty sweet if only half of those do. ;-)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ha ha, I would rather give my money to MMP than CH for cool products such as those listed below. I think I feel a wave of CH stuff I have hitting eBay very soon lol.

Cant wait for SV, Hatten, HL and RF.

Scott

1) Sweedish Volunteers
2) Hatten
4) Red Factories
5) Ponyri
6) Dinant...

All maybe this year....

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

1) Sweedish Volunteers
2) Hatten
4) Red Factories
5) Ponyri
6) Dinant...

All maybe this year....

If all of this is going to be released in 2017, then it is going to be a friggin' expensive year ASL-wise. For my taste it would even be a bit too much and I'd prefer to have it a bit spread out (keeping some other TPP stuff in mind).

von Marwitz

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

1) Sweedish Volunteers
2) Hatten
4) Red Factories
5) Ponyri
6) Dinant...

All maybe this year....

Korea? Where's Korea?

MMP seems determined to keep the hobby from growing.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Hmm.... And you are basing this leap of crystal logic on?
Everything you've posted here on GS, of course. I don't know you, and I don't read minds, so what else would I be basing it on?

There's no question that it would be great if everything was in print, all the time. Sadly, that's just not going to happen, ever, unless ASL starts selling to the masses like Monopoly.

Could MMP be devoting more effort than they currently are to keep core modules in print? I don't know, I don't work there. I guess the answer is "maybe".

That being said: the rules are available. Beyond Valor, the only core module that you absolutely need, is available. Yanks, which by itself pretty much doubles the number of scenarios that can be played, is available. Most of the ASLSK stuff is available (so far as I know). Doomed Battalions, Croix de Guerre and Armies of Oblivion are all great modules, but are sadly unavailable and likely to remain so for some time ... but no new ASL player needs them. It's unfortunate that you have to wait to get them, but you can wait. It won't stop you playing all the ASL you want to in the meantime. (It's even more unfortunate that For King and Country and Rising Sun are unavailable, but again, you don't need them.) While you're waiting on the reprints, MMP is regularly releasing brand-new products -- again, nothing that you need, but plenty that you will want (although some of them will be of limited utility without a full swag of core modules).

So, your equation "I can't buy what I want, even though I already have what I need = MMP wants to stop the growth of ASL" is demonstrably fatuous.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, just from your unwillingness to dig or do a little research yourself with just a few mouse clicks. And by your willingness to whine when you don't get your answers immediately.

We get it. You want your Maypo NOW! But as you read in the paragraph above by Misterhawk, at least I hope you read it unless you want it spoon fed to you, that MMP is busily working on many projects. Projects that the majority of its customers want and will purchase. Not a product that isn't wanted or needed, except by you and possibly a few others.
So any one who disagrees with the notion that a corporation is infallible gets trolled. Funny, I thought most of the members here were adults, I guess I must have been mistaken. It is cool that a number of 13 year olds play ASL as I thought it might be a bit involved for their intellect level.