OK, here's another SSR:

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Premise: minor objectives controlled can be used to gain DRMs to modify reinforcement roll.

Rule as I am wording it now: :

4) For each of buildings 76H5 and 76M3 controlled by the partisan player at the end of each game turns 1-3, he receives one DRM point. Each DRM point is exchanged for an actual (-) DRMs on on the reinforcement tables: If the partisan player chooses to enter reinforcements on turn 3, he gets 3 rolls on each table , or 4 rolls if entry is on Turn 4. All DRMs must be allocated prior to any roll.
Table
roll Unit (s)
< 0 3-3-7, 8-0
1 3-3-7, 1-4-9
2 3-3-7
3 2 x 1-2-7 (HS)
4 1-4-9, DC
5 1-2-7 (HS)
6 Nothing.

Reinforcements entering on turn 3 must enter along the north edge, If entered on turn 4 they can enter along the north, east , or west edges.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Premise: minor objectives controlled can be used to gain DRMs to modify reinforcement roll.

Rule as I am wording it now: :

4) For each of buildings 76H5 and 76M3 controlled by the partisan player at the end of each game turns 1-3, he receives one DRM point. Each DRM point is exchanged for an actual (-) DRMs on on the reinforcement tables: If the partisan player chooses to enter reinforcements on turn 3, he gets 3 rolls on each table , or 4 rolls if entry is on Turn 4. All DRMs must be allocated prior to any roll.
Table
roll Unit (s)
< 0 3-3-7, 8-0
1 3-3-7, 1-4-9
2 3-3-7
3 2 x 1-2-7 (HS)
4 1-4-9, DC
5 1-2-7 (HS)
6 Nothing.

Reinforcements entering on turn 3 must enter along the north edge, If entered on turn 4 they can enter along the north, east , or west edges.
I am guessing these are dr's, right Pete? Ok, with that in mind, how about this?

4) The Partisan player receives a DRM point each, at the end of each gameturn, from turns 1-3, for control of each of buildings 76H5 and 76M3. Each DRM point affords the Partisan player actual (-) DRMs on the reinforcement tables. If the Partisan player chooses to enter reinforcements on turn 3, he gets 3 dr on each table , 4 dr if entry is on Turn 4. All DRMs must be allocated prior to any roll.
Table
roll Unit (s)
< 0 3-3-7, 8-0
1 3-3-7, 1-4-9
2 3-3-7
3 2 x 1-2-7 (HS)
4 1-4-9, DC
5 1-2-7 (HS)
6 Nothing.

Nothing earth shaking there, but is that slightly cleaner? Not sure if you need Partisan capitalized, but it is worth a look. Five Thirty here, so I'm not looking :).

Last edited:

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Here is a quick contribution, capitalising on the first two ones.

"4) For each of buildings 76H5 and 76M3 controlled by the partisan player at the end of each game turns 1-3, he receives one drm point. Drm points awarded are exchanged for actual negative drms when rolling for reinforcements.
If the Partisan player chooses to enter reinforcements on Turn 3, he rolls 3 dr on each table , 4 dr if entry is on Turn 4. Splitting drms is allowed, but all must be predesignated at the beginning of the entry turn."

Overall I like the idea. Calibration may require thorough analysis (ex. I may prefer a '4' roll to a '3' one but this requires situational analysis).

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
In my opinion a 337 + hero is better than a 337 + 8-0. Thus I think these lines should be inverted.
That said I do not understand why the control of certain buildings could favor the arrival and the quality of the reinforcements

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
In my opinion a 337 + hero is better than a 337 + 8-0. Thus I think these lines should be inverted.
That said I do not understand why the control of certain buildings could favor the arrival and the quality of the reinforcements
Game mechanism to encourage an aggressive attack and defense?

JR

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First crack at it-- might make the choice an option (for example, what if the player rolls the same number each time? 3 x 3-3-7, and 3 x 8-0 would be a bit awkward.)

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Game mechanism to encourage an aggressive attack and defense?

JR
I understand, but I think each SSR should have an inherent link with reality. All cause -effect mechanisms cannot have only a "in game" reason.

For example:
- the control of a given building could improve-decrease the SAN assuming it is very high and dominates the battlefield;
- The control of a key crossroad near the board edge could allow the reinforcements to enter one turn in advance or from the closer board edge
- Who loses the last leader could see his ELR dropped by two;
- when the attacker controls the highest hill (or the Factory) he could get an ELR bonus
- The Panther at range < 3 hexes and CE could make the Panzergrenadiers with a los to the tank Fanatic

ecc ecc
I do not see why the mere control of a building could "produce" more partisans. Unless it is a barrack and the partisans are exiting by the said buildings when they grab a rifle or a pistol! But it's only my opinion...

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Control of a symbolic building may motivate more partisans to join the fray (or become discouraged if the battle seems to be lost). It doesn't strike me as something particularly non-realistic.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, my worry would be that it unbalances the scenario by reinforcing success. Realistic? Sure. Balanced?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Actually, my worry would be that it unbalances the scenario by reinforcing success. Realistic? Sure. Balanced?
It could be balanced but poised on a knife edge (like Blazing Chariots). As soon as it starts tipping one way there's little chance of recovering. That's not exactly the same problem as being unbalanced.

JR

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
It could be balanced but poised on a knife edge (like Blazing Chariots). As soon as it starts tipping one way there's little chance of recovering. That's not exactly the same problem as being unbalanced.
JR
That's what i called the calibration process, which can be difficult. A way to ensure increased consistency and playtest predictability would be to limit the range of outcomes.
for instance (as not knowing the specifics)
<1 337 8-0
1-2 337 DC
3-4 127 149
5-6 127x2

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is a quick contribution, capitalising on the first two ones.

"4) For each of buildings 76H5 and 76M3 controlled by the partisan player at the end of each game turns 1-3, he receives one drm point. Drm points awarded are exchanged for actual negative drms when rolling for reinforcements.
If the Partisan player chooses to enter reinforcements on Turn 3, he rolls 3 dr on each table , 4 dr if entry is on Turn 4. Splitting drms is allowed, but all must be predesignated at the beginning of the entry turn."

Overall I like the idea. Calibration may require thorough analysis (ex. I may prefer a '4' roll to a '3' one but this requires situational analysis).
Thanks, guys-- I might switch it to " or choice of a higher-numbered result"

Good suggestions all. Now I just need to think it through on my next jog in the park.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
Too abstract. They must be waving a flag from the roof or shooting a flare... to influence slackers lurking just out of play.
IMO more believable if it "activates" units already on board -- people willing to begin hidden and shoot (if they pass a dr) from their safe location but not move closer to the objectives.