Oh, what a Wonderful Game........

fzmann

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The CH should be at 30FP down (at least) one because even if the leader is not in TEM terrain, FFNAM applies as a negative DRM to the effects DR [C3.71] (as would FFMO if applicable). If the leader had survived it would have been pinned because it wounded after having spent more than three MF [A17.2]. Also if the Tiger rolled snakeeyes, it had rate.

During the DFPh, using its ROF the Tiger would have DRM of -2 for point blank range & -1 for acquisition. If it is not BU (and assuming no other positive DRM apply) the Tiger gets a hit on an eleven and a critical on a six.

JR
I rolled the aforementioned CH (not snake eyes, but rather < half the to hit number, with no rate) against Jon.
I admit overlooking the Pin result, and was not aware of SMC's not having to take the K/MC result.
Even if I were completely grounded on those subtle rules, I probably was too flummoxed from the leader surviving the CH.
The Tiger was ok as other results were favorable my way (e.g. PF shot from a dispersed smoke hex frying a British Churchill from a distance of two hexes).

Thanks to everyone for the commentary and pointing to the rules.

Felipe

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Even if I were completely grounded on those subtle rules, I probably was too flummoxed from the leader surviving the CH.
Given that the CH should have had at least a -1 DRM applied to the effects DR, the correct result should likely have been a KIA. Problem solved. Cleanup in aisle five.

JR

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
" It just goes to show you that a 'sure thing' is never certain in ASL, reinforcing the axiom that one should always consider the worst possible case scenario and how it will effect your game situation, if it comes to pass." (Chuck Goetz, Series Replay, Annual 95w, pg 87).

wise words to live by... ;)

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I don't have any to talk about, I mustn't be a proper ASL player.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I would blame the Tiger crew.................. maybe the teflon Lieutenant standing in the open with a AT weapon made the crew wet their pants............. then thru sheer embarrassment they blew themselves up :)