Oh this is so sad!

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
sickpup said:
From the US Dept of Justice:
"State and federal authorities held 1,470,045 prisoners as of December 31, 2003..."

It later goes on to say that, excluding those inmates held in local jails, the number is 1,387,848.

So, even if we take a low-end figure of, say, 30k per prisoner per year. You’re looking at almost 42 Billion dollars...? That seems pretty damn high.

If we assume that 1% of the inmate population is in there for truly heinous crimes (multiple homicide, child rape/murder, etc). What if we could use Goblin’s .20 cent solution on these worthless bastards?

One percent of the population would be 13,878. That would cost about 2,775 dollars to eliminate them (hey, and we might even be able to charge the inmate’s family for the bullet – much like China does!). So, that would save us about 416 million bucks!

(13,878 x $30,000) – (13,878 x $0.20)

Let’s do it!
What a wonderful equation.................

Mark
Deo Vindice

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
because the US justice system is always right...no one is ever found innocent later on... :rolleyes:

you know what would save even more money? You could bill the family of the deceased the cost of the bullets! Hell, why not just shoot them too? They're obviously from the defective part of the gene pool, better to weed them out now them let them breed...

no offence, but bullet to the head is one of the most ridiculous things ever posted here.

thank god at least for California and it's larger than nessecary population of liberals...

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ivan Rapkinov said:
because the US justice system is always right...no one is ever found innocent later on... :rolleyes:

you know what would save even more money? You could bill the family of the deceased the cost of the bullets! Hell, why not just shoot them too? They're obviously from the defective part of the gene pool, better to weed them out now them let them breed...

no offence, but bullet to the head is one of the most ridiculous things ever posted here.

thank god at least for California and it's larger than nessecary population of liberals...
lol, ok, then let me rephrase it...

"If we assume that 1% of the inmate population is in there for truly heinous crimes (multiple homicide, child rape/murder, etc) and there exists solid proof that the goober committed the crime (DNA, etc)."

How's that? Yeah, yeah, DNA tampering and such. Then how about, "DNA evidence that has been corroborated numerous times." Do you have a problem with it now?

I figure DNA tests cost a few thousand dollars, but we would still end up ahead in the long run.

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
yes because no "system" is fool proof.

this is a tragedy, but one that has happened before (maybe not the arms thing, but post-natal dpression is hardly rare)

I'm sure the mother will be found innocent by means of insanity, which throws the equation into turmoil...

but, whatever - your country, your rules :D

I'm glqad that Australia doesn't have capital punishment to be honest. Sure there are some scum who should die, but what right do we have to say that?

I never got Christians advocating capital punishment, seems an oxymoron to be honest.

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ivan Rapkinov said:
I'm glqad that Australia doesn't have capital punishment to be honest. Sure there are some scum who should die, but what right do we have to say that?
Assuming we, too, haven't cut off an infants arms and watched it bleed to death, we have every right to say that.

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
These is not a good thing... :cry:

I still see the problem with faulty convictions on the case of the death sentence.

SGT Long

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've always been partial to the Russian method: A bullet in the back of the head in the cell. No fuss,no fanfare,Just trash disposal.

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If they could find a way to harvest organs from death row inmates. This would be a huge step in the medical field, but at the current time, lethal injection, gas, and the electric chair all hurt the organs. These are the most widely used forms of execution.
Firing squad.......I guess the only thing that wouldnt be of use would be the heart.

Or, they could use the death row population to find cures for diseases that we dont have. What better lab rats could you find for a disease in humans?

Mark
Deo Vindice

Brevet

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
last_cav1971 said:
If they could find a way to harvest organs from death row inmates. This would be a huge step in the medical field, but at the current time, lethal injection, gas, and the electric chair all hurt the organs. These are the most widely used forms of execution.
Firing squad.......I guess the only thing that wouldnt be of use would be the heart.

Or, they could use the death row population to find cures for diseases that we dont have. What better lab rats could you find for a disease in humans?

Mark
Deo Vindice
Kind of a Unit 731 thing, great idea, but the Japanese beat you to it. :TRUCE:

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah.......but the US is always taking Japanese technology and making it better.......(most of the time).

Mark
Deo Vindice

Napoleonic Fury

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think we should bring it back old school. First we should cut her arms off and then death by firing squad. Now thats something they should have in Texas.

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Napoleonic Fury said:
I think we should bring it back old school. First we should cut her arms off and then death by firing squad. Now thats something they should have in Texas.
Have her drawn and quartered.............

Mark
Deo Vindice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the only people that the death penalty would scare are people who commit white collar crimes a good example here would be a certain someone committing insider trading and repeating the benefits of selling off stock and taking away from the average person...if that makes any sense (j/k).

The truth here, I believe, is that in any way shape or form the death penalty is wrong. It’s like saying killing is wrong and then killing someone. Anyway, If you say that killing is wrong, how can you justify killing someone at all. There would be those who quote the Bibles and eye for an eye, but you have to remember Jesus said “love one another”. Killing people is morally wrong and should have no place in any society.

Now I'm not saying we should slap her wrist and tell her to move along. Mabey torture would be a better punishment for example giv her her a million paper cuts and then dip her in a vat of salt so she doesnt bleed out...but that would be cruel and unusual punishment...Damn :rolleyes:

What this woman did was wrong and indeed I hope she gets what she deserves, but if you all think killing is wrong you shouldn't flip flop and say that killing this woman is okay.