Oh this is so sad!

freightshaker

Reaction score
We had a "mother" starve her children to death up here in Washington. You need a license to drive but anyone can have kids. What's wrong with people??? :mad:

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Like Andrea Yates, I doubt she'll get the needle. She had previously been diagnosed with post partum depression. What could cause someone to do this to anyone, much less their own infant? :cry: :cry: :cry:

DevilDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
last_cav1971 said:
The best thing about Texas law.........lethal injection.

Mark
Deo Vindice
"For executions, as many as 5 grams (5,000 mg) of Pentothal may be administered. This in itself is a lethal dose. It's believed by some that after this anesthetic is delivered, the inmate doesn't feel anything."

I always thought lethal injection was an easy way out for someone who commited murder. Thier victims usually aren't asleep or die a painless death like the murderers. The victims felt the pain of the bullet, or knife, the murderers should know how the victim felt as they died.

$.02

Goblin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DevilDawg said:
"For executions, as many as 5 grams (5,000 mg) of Pentothal may be administered. This in itself is a lethal dose. It's believed by some that after this anesthetic is delivered, the inmate doesn't feel anything."

I always thought lethal injection was an easy way out for someone who commited murder. Thier victims usually aren't asleep or die a painless death like the murderers. The victims felt the pain of the bullet, or knife, the murderers should know how the victim felt as they died.

$.02
YES!!

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree........I also believe that public execution would deter crime somewhat throughout the US............I also believe that corporal punishment should be used in prisons, though, too.
After working in a prison for 7 years, you just get these kind of thoughts.

Just my opinion.

Mark
Deo Vindice

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Doctor said:
Like Andrea Yates, I doubt she'll get the needle. She had previously been diagnosed with post partum depression. What could cause someone to do this to anyone, much less their own infant? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yeah......I couldnt think of her name last night........I cant believe that they could find any reason (even an insanity plea) to let her get away with what she did. Or with this latest one, either.
My wife read the post/article and said, "They should cut her arms off and let her die that way." She thinks pretty much the same as me.

Mark
Deo Vindice

Goblin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
last_cav1971 said:
I agree........I also believe that public execution would deter crime somewhat throughout the US............I also believe that corporal punishment should be used in prisons, though, too.
After working in a prison for 7 years, you just get these kind of thoughts.

Just my opinion.

Mark
Deo Vindice
I was a CO for awhile too, and I agree. You can waste a $.20 round of ammo on a scumbag, or $40,000+ a year to house him, and make sure he has his cable TV, exercises, snacks, food, shelter, movie night, and auditorium entertainment. I'm for the bullet myself.

Goblin

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
like goblin said.......averages anywhere between 40 and 60 thousand a year.......by the time you add in health care, education.........all the things law abiding citizens sometimes find hard to afford themselves.

Mark
Deo Vindice

JeremyScott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Goblin said:
I was a CO for awhile too, and I agree. You can waste a $.20 round of ammo on a scumbag, or $40,000+ a year to house him, and make sure he has his cable TV, exercises, snacks, food, shelter, movie night, and auditorium entertainment. I'm for the bullet myself.

Goblin

Forget the bullet, Eye For an eye. Go back to hammurabi

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree.........I think they should make executions as close as possible to the way murderers killed their victims.

Mark
Deo Vindice

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From the US Dept of Justice:
"State and federal authorities held 1,470,045 prisoners as of December 31, 2003..."

It later goes on to say that, excluding those inmates held in local jails, the number is 1,387,848.

So, even if we take a low-end figure of, say, 30k per prisoner per year. You’re looking at almost 42 Billion dollars...? That seems pretty damn high.

If we assume that 1% of the inmate population is in there for truly heinous crimes (multiple homicide, child rape/murder, etc). What if we could use Goblin’s .20 cent solution on these worthless bastards?

One percent of the population would be 13,878. That would cost about 2,775 dollars to eliminate them (hey, and we might even be able to charge the inmate’s family for the bullet – much like China does!). So, that would save us about 416 million bucks!

(13,878 x $30,000) – (13,878 x $0.20)

Let’s do it!