OH NO! Pitman's left the ASL forum in a huff...AGAIN!

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He has his moments. He does start an interesting topic now & again. More often than not, he is self-righteous to the point of arrogance.

No law or Forum rule against that, and in the grand scheme of things that happen around here, that is a relatively minor sin.
Everyone here has 2 or 3 guys who rub them the wrong way and 2 or 3 guys who they will support and defend. Pitman, because of his arrogance happens to be either on the rub list or guys are defending their buddy against him. It doesn't make him bad. It makes him abrasive. This shouldn't be a cause of celebration because he's gone. It should be a concern, because we need all the ASLers we can get with all types of views and opinions.

This place would be quite boring if we all agreed all the time.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Everyone here has 2 or 3 guys who rub them the wrong way and 2 or 3 guys who they will support and defend. Pitman, because of his arrogance happens to be either on the rub list or guys are defending their buddy against him. It doesn't make him bad. It makes him abrasive. This shouldn't be a cause of celebration because he's gone. It should be a concern, because we need all the ASLers we can get with all types of views and opinions.

No it wouldn't, pervert! :angry:

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Who is celebrating? I fully expect him to return. And I hope he does.

Last edited:

Jerry Simmons

ntasl.com
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is celebrating his departure. As others have said, he'll be back. This thread is sort of a documentary exploring the migratory patterns of the Pitman, that feisty, colorful creature that inhabits certain forums. Fortunately, the matting habits episode has been dropped from the series.

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Agree, hope he has not disappeared from the GS area. He is abrasive from time to time... and I have been call bla-bla by Dr. P for various things (me? :halo:). Nevertheless, he has made comments that energize the forum... some I have certainly awarded him some positive rep.

The question is: would I play him in a ASL scenario? Yes, without a doubt.... on his favorite fire table! :)

Best regards,:salute:
John

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
The question is: would I play him in a ASL scenario? Yes, without a doubt.... on his favorite fire table! :)

John
I have and you would enjoy it. Plus, you'd get some needed exposure to playing ASL by the actual rules. :p

S

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
and insist on using BLACK SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that somewhere here dwells an avid blaxploitation fan!

[video=youtube;5t_GIRJ1_2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t_GIRJ1_2k[/video]

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I'm not celebrating. I don't give a sh+t one way or another. It's his call.

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Look, I don't want to see Pitman leave the forum either. But I'm sick and tired of these childish "strikes" of his as a passive/aggresive criticism of this forum and it's members and moderators, or as some sort of arrogant attempt at behavior modification upon us all. It's insulting.

Read my magnificent post in his willful, self-indulgent "Push Pitman's Buttons" thread. It was a big joke. But the puffed up goofball actually TOOK IT SERIOUSLY, and later claimed in his bizarre "Reserves" thread that it was proof I was trying to drive him off of the forum!

It's these self-pitying, mentally unstable tantrums that provoke mockery from me, and ultimately over time have lead to my indifference towards his supposed eventual return to the forum.

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand
Look, I don't want to see Pitman leave the forum either. But I'm sick and tired of these childish "strikes" of his as a passive/aggresive criticism of this forum and it's members and moderators, or as some sort of arrogant attempt at behavior modification upon us all. It's insulting.

Read my magnificent post in his willful, self-indulgent "Push Pitman's Buttons" thread. It was a big joke. But the puffed up goofball actually TOOK IT SERIOUSLY, and later claimed in his bizarre "Reserves" thread that it was proof I was trying to drive him off of the forum!

It's these self-pitying, mentally unstable tantrums that provoke mockery from me, and ultimately over time have lead to my indifference towards his supposed eventual return to the forum.
You bastard! Your constant bullying and harassment is more than any civilised holder of a PhD can take. No wonder The Pitman® did a disappearing act into the depths of his own rectum.

I hope you are satisfied. Now the unwashed masses of ignorant, slack jawed, peons will not have the benefit of The Pitman® to tell us what opinions we should have and when we should have them. How are we expected to cope?

I will NEVER forgive you for this, Glennbo. You had better start packing a bigger gun than that Glock sissy pistol you carry. :angry:

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand
AAHHhh...:)

You said that beautiful word,

:hail: "Glennbo".

Good post! :clap:
It's no good trying to crawl up my arse now, Pitman-hater!

You will pay for your evil anti-Pitman crusade of persecution, you heartless brute :mad:

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have and you would enjoy it. Plus, you'd get some needed exposure to playing ASL by the actual rules. :p

S
Great comment in the midst of Pitmania!!!:D All out of rep capability for your good comments. Now let me say.... I always play by the actual letter of the rules... and as we know, there is legal sanction for the use of either of two tables with one having a primacy when there is a disagreement between players on the choice of which quality table. Inspite of the great forum table discussions, with or without Dr.P, I think it is reasonable to view both tables as a quality tool for our cardboard combat. I like em both... your choice.:p:)

John