OH NO! Pitman's left the ASL forum in a huff...AGAIN!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Sort of like the "White sox and sandals sect" you mean? No doubt they meet and have regular barneys with the "red sox and sneakers" group and the "argyll patterned 100% cotton sox and brogues" set.
MrP got it right. It is the white socks and black loafers that are the worst crime....Cmon you 'Terry'....

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Basically, he stuck his nose into a "pro CH" vs "anti-CH" thread and got bashed. Then he started a thread announcing he was leaving because this place was mean and it sucked.
I don't think Ole is playing ASL anymore, or very little? Maybe one of the European members will give us an update on Ole's status. He was a good poster, and extremely knowledgable rules wise. I never had a chance to play him.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I don't think Ole is playing ASL anymore, or very little? Maybe one of the European members will give us an update on Ole's status. He was a good poster, and extremely knowledgable rules wise. I never had a chance to play him.
I also miss his rules posting and I as well, thought I heard he was playing less and less ASL. When this all went down I could not help thinking it was burnout from everything ASL.

But that is just me pondering from thousands of miles away.

Peace

Roger

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The reason he left is obvious. I didn't post in his Push Pittman's Buttons thread, just so I'd really push them!

He'll be back. He always comes back.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Maybe if gamesquad wasnt so douche ridden he'd stick around ?
If Mark left over others' bad online behavior, I sure hope there's room in the tub o' counters for a whole bucketful of irony.

I don't get it...he's a good guy in person. <shrug>

S

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
BTW, I haven't seen Mark post anywhere that he was leaving this forum.
The fact that he hasn't posted for some hours does not mean that he has left.
This thread is purely speculative, untill any clear declaration of Mark corroborates the suppositions expressed.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
BTW, I haven't seen Mark post anywhere that he was leaving this forum.
The fact that he hasn't posted for some hours does not mean that he has left.
This thread is purely speculative, untill any clear declaration of Mark corroborates the suppositions expressed.
Mark updated DM and said "somebody might want to post this to GS" over at CSW*. Since he has always done that himself in the past, I think it's pretty clear he's on strike.

S

*I did so because people would want to know

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Or he simply does not want to self promote himself, as Kevin Kenneally suggested here : http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?102213-Desperation-Morale-Updated&p=1425958&viewfull=1#post1425958
Our guesses must be amusing to read, from an objective point.
Well, he was happy enough to self-promote on CSW and has posted a "Desperation Morale World of ASL Compendium" updated thread here on all past such occasions. So if he doesn't want to self-promote, he's taking a new and weirdly selective line on it.

Your second point is well taken; I'm done with this topic. I really do have better things to do, as I'm having trouble thinking of anything less worth my time than speculating on the oscillations of histrionic netizens. :ciao:

S

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vinnie gotta be something American , because as usual they cannot spell socks correctly .................... must be some group /cult thing over there that wear white ones!!!...............
is it soux?:hmmm:

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The reason he left is obvious. I didn't post in his Push Pittman's Buttons thread, just so I'd really push them!

He'll be back. He always comes back.
and I thought my exact behavior was the cause

wait a second ...I didn't know he left until I read this thread

although I was thinkin';
"Due to health and energy concerns, Obama has declared Cleveland a HE-zone with the end result; there will be no use of the elevator nor will there be any pizza(free or otherwise) at ASLOk XXVI"
I figured it would push all but the extreme ASLOk HARDKORPS' buttons and they'd actually eat that pooup up. You know the guys; Mudge, Taylor, Cvet&#$obamavich, Col Klink, FNGs, etc.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Or he simply does not want to self promote himself, as Kevin Kenneally suggested here : http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?102213-Desperation-Morale-Updated&p=1425958&viewfull=1#post1425958
Our guesses must be amusing to read, from an objective point.

Hardly; the reality is Mark, for whatever reason, has an incredibly thin skin right now and has fled to the tender clutches of his lackey's nest on Consimworld, who fawn over his every word and idea. Right now, they're currently in the throes of a liberal orgy explaining why every ill of the world-past, present and future-are all the fault of dumb 'ol George W Bush.

It's a comfort zone for that crowd and one that is highly receptive to the idea that this forum, and particular of its members, are 'poisonous' and swimming in a 'poisonous atmosphere'. Though the ability to see in others what one fails to see in oneself....

To be fair, I agree in part with Mark and can even admit to my own culpability at times, but there is an addictive charm to this site-one that drags you back even when the turkeys drag you down. Mark will be back, have no doubt, in all his infuriatingly contradictory glory. ;)

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hardly; the reality is Mark, for whatever reason, has an incredibly thin skin right now and has fled to the tender clutches of his lackey's nest on Consimworld, who fawn over his every word and idea. Right now, they're currently in the throes of a liberal orgy explaining why every ill of the world-past, present and future-are all the fault of dumb 'ol George W Bush.

It's a comfort zone for that crowd and one that is highly receptive to the idea that this forum, and particular of its members, are 'poisonous' and swimming in a 'poisonous atmosphere'. Though the ability to see in others what one fails to see in oneself....

To be fair, I agree in part with Mark and can even admit to my own culpability at times, but there is an addictive charm to this site-one that drags you back even when the turkeys drag you down. Mark will be back, have no doubt, in all his infuriatingly contradictory glory. ;)
And maybe he'll be different this time when he comes back. ;)

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

you are the wind beneath my wings :D

now I must go listen to Deteriorata :smoke:

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand
I couldn't give a monkey's rectum if Mark leaves, stays, returns, hibernates or gets zombified. I care more about the fate of my toenail clipping

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I couldn't give a monkey's rectum if Mark leaves, stays, returns, hibernates or gets zombified. I care more about the fate of my toenail clipping
That could explain why some people leave the forum, couldn't it?