OH NO! Pitman's left the ASL forum in a huff...AGAIN!

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pitman is shunning the ASL forum once again. He got somebody to post a thread for him because he simply can't bear it here...not even enough to promote his own self! The disgust for this place is so intense he uses a surrogate poster! (Desperation Morale Update thread).

His ASL expertise will be lost to us all, even the innocent! No, no, please not the innocent as well!

Unless...

Let us figure out how we can get him to come back. First we must point the "finger of blame". WHO is the insensitive devil who drove him away this time, just like the last time, unless this is maybe the final last time, unlike all the other times:

1) Is it that good old standby, the general "Poisonous Atmosphere" here?

2) Because Jazz our heartless Moderator moved his pertinent ASL thread into the forum "wasteland" known as Community Chit-Chat...probably where this one will wind up too...(I'LL LEAVE! I SWEAR!) without his permission?

3) Is it Dorosh's constant life-draining stalking?

4) Could it be Psycho's irreverent thread hijacking? I mean Pitman has all these deep thoughts and this idiot dares break up the concentrated ruminations!

5) Maybe it was Glennbo's snarky, mean-spirited responses to his stupid ideas fueled by a multitude of anti-Pitman rep points from an invisible army of frustrated forumites? Or the tasteless, disrespectful, "indifferent to the feelings of others" threads Glennbo starts..such as this very one?

6) Did forum members X cubed not treat his free of charge magnanamous wisdom with the unquestioned adoration it deserves? C'mon you ingrates. 'Fess up!

7) Was it Gunner Scott's unending needling, eroding year after year the very soul of our beloved?

8) ALL OF THE ABOVE???

One thing is clear. This ASL forum is a flop without him. It sucks. I can't believe it's even still still up and running. I mean what's it been? Days now? He knows this, and by turning his back upon us all we are left to ponder this vast emptiness of our own making. Oh how we regret! Oh how our remorse stings and burns! Can we change? Can we become worthy?

Yes! We can become worthy. This thread is for new ideas to make Pitman feel welcome again on the ASL forum. And this time we'll really mean it. Not like all the other times he left and we couldn't have cared less and so did nothing.

What must be done to make this dreary place whole again? Seriously, let's get the big lug back here. This is the time to make your pro-Pitman pitch. Plead. Beg. I don't care how much you have to grovel, just do it! And let's get this forum rolling again.

I'll start. Pitman...gee this is hard...Pitman, I'm sorry for everything. Even this very thread, which could possibly be construed as only adding to the list of wrongs I've done. Please forgive. Me. For...Please...ohhhww...I can't go on...:upset: :cry:

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's got to be this one:

5) Maybe it was Glennbo's snarky, mean-spirited responses to his stupid ideas fueled by a multitude of anti-Pitman rep points from an invisible army of frustrated forumites? Or the tasteless, disrespectful, "indifferent to the feelings of others" threads Glennbo starts..such as this very
That Glennbo guy is such a jerk. He even talks about himself in the third person. And he hates the White Sox!

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Nope. It's got to be me. Even though I didn't post in his precious thread until after his little huff I have created the poisonous atmosphere just by existing. :cool: And I don't even play the game or write books about it (take that Dorosh! ;)). :cry:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's got to be this one:

That Glennbo guy is such a jerk. He even talks about himself in the third person. And he hates the White Sox!
I think you may have hit upon it inadvertently. It's none of the putative reasons advanced by Glennbo. He just could not stand being on the same forum as someone who hated the White Sox. (who are they by the way?)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I think you may have hit upon it inadvertently. It's none of the putative reasons advanced by Glennbo. He just could not stand being on the same forum as someone who hated the White Sox. (who are they by the way?)
Vinnie gotta be something American , because as usual they cannot spell socks correctly .................... must be some group /cult thing over there that wear white ones!!!...............

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sort of like the "White sox and sandals sect" you mean? No doubt they meet and have regular barneys with the "red sox and sneakers" group and the "argyll patterned 100% cotton sox and brogues" set.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Sort of like the "White sox and sandals sect" you mean? No doubt they meet and have regular barneys with the "red sox and sneakers" group and the "argyll patterned 100% cotton sox and brogues" set.
yep thats the sort of thing I meant!! would rep you but have to spread the love around a bit more, might give Mr pitcavage some to console him.......

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
It seems that Pitman is not the first guy to have left the Gamesquad ASL forum.
Has he really left, BTW?

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
White socks and black shoes, no wonder he left.

Come back Mark, no more fashion faux pas shall be commited here again in your honour (apart from Vinnies shirts)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
It seems that Pitman is not the first guy to have left the Gamesquad ASL forum.
Has he really left, BTW?
Correct Ole Boe left after being hounded by the masses here on the forum, it appaers that Pitman has left cos his nose got put out of joint!!!!

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Why Ole left the forum exactly?

His chart is used by the whole world...
Hello!

Basically, he stuck his nose into a "pro CH" vs "anti-CH" thread and got bashed. Then he started a thread announcing he was leaving because this place was mean and it sucked.

Its not that I do not see his point at times, but if one is going to hang out in on-line forums, one has to have thicker skin, especially if they are going to embroil themselves into a flame war.

But in the end if an on-line forum is no longer fun to read, its time to move on. Just do not throw yourself a going away party.

Peace

Roger