Oh hell, Spanish withdrawal bug still there!!!

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
I'm playing a game of EA with Veers, TOAW III version (b) and, with the capture of Warsaw and Poland's subsequent surrender, THE ENTIRE SPANISH OOB HAS WITHDRAWN. (Turn 8)

Someone reported this some time ago and I'm afraid that I pooh-hooed it. I swear that I ran at least a dozen checks and couldn't repeat it, and now it's happened to me in a competitive game, which is arguably poetic justice.

Thing is, I just can't see why it's happening and, worst, why it isn't always happening, which would at least point me in the direction of what needs fixing.

The three News Strings are: Poland collapses/Eastern Poland collapses/Finnish reserves mobilised. In the previous turn to that they were Poland now part of Third Reich/Vidkum Quisling forms puppet government/Norwegian reserves struggle to mobilise. I just can't see how any of these might cause Spanish withdrawal. I thought that perhaps I'd typed Event 358 (Spanish withdrawal) when I meant, for example, Event 258 or something, but I can't see it.

The 'Spanish withdraw' News String doesn't appear, but the withdrawal of the formation is shown in the Reinforcements Panel. and the units have disappeared.

This is a particular ***** as I've posted this version on several scenario depots as the 'bug free' version.

This is a bit pathetic, but can anyone out there see why this should be happening? Either I'm missing something really stupid, which I hope is the case, or there is an underlying bug in the engine itself, which is worrying.

Funny thing is, I've just solo'd the first few turns again, captured Warsaw, and the Spanish didn't withdraw. Nor have I seen any similar bug reports for a while, which means (i) it isn't always happening or (ii) no one's playing the scenario, and who could blame them?

I would appreciate any advice on this: I'm at my wit's end. Even a cyber shoulder to cry on would be welcome. :cry:

Where's Lou when you need him?

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'll report myself for swearing.
Mark, I'm going to get into contact with Ralph, as I said in my email.
To the rest of you: I'm pretty sure no one has been playign the scenario in TOAW III, which is why we haven't seen the bug reports flying around lately.
However, it would be great if anyone that has been playign EA n TOAW III and got past the early withdrawals (Poland, France, the Low countries) would post here stating so.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just finished posting over at Matrix.

EDIT: Wyatt does the 'Ralph Dance' you knwo, instead of the 'rain dance'? :D

Last edited:

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Mark & Wyatt,

Did either, or both, of the two Polish formations withdraw correctly?

Go ahead and send me the SCE file, and the latest two SAL, or PBL files, and I'll make sure that Ralph gets them. If PBL files are sent, then I will need passwords.

Sorry and thanks. Or, is that thanks, and sorry?

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Mouse over and click on my name (above the avatar). It will give you a drop down menu, one of the choices being to email me.

Alternately...

iamjamiam (at) yahoo (dot) com

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Mouse over and click on my name (above the avatar). It will give you a drop down menu, one of the choices being to email me.

Alternately...

iamjamiam (at) yahoo (dot) com
Ah, yes, but I don't think I can attach files to that. :D

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Ah, yes, but I don't think I can attach files to that. :D
Damn! You're right. I wonder if it has anything to do with...oh nevermind.

Anyhow...Thanks Wyatt! Receipt confirmed. As soon as I get the other files from Mark, I'll forward to Ralph, point him in the right direction, and flip the switch...;^)

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Damn! You're right. I wonder if it has anything to do with...oh nevermind.

Anyhow...Thanks Wyatt! Receipt confirmed. As soon as I get the other files from Mark, I'll forward to Ralph, point him in the right direction, and flip the switch...;^)
Right'o. Thanks, James.

ralphtrickey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right'o. Thanks, James.
Or you can send them to me direct. ralphtrickey at hotmail dot com.

The problem is with the events run at the beginning of turn 7.

I need the pbl generated by the last person to play turn 6 , and the email address of the person to send a .sal file to that beging turn 7.

Thanks,
Ralph

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Or you can send them to me direct. ralphtrickey at hotmail dot com.

The problem is with the events run at the beginning of turn 7.

I need the pbl generated by the last person to play turn 6 , and the email address of the person to send a .sal file to that beging turn 7.

Thanks,
Ralph
Sent.67890

ralphtrickey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I sent back a valid .SAL file. This problem is fixed for the next patch, although it's possible some games started under the old 3.0.17 patch may still be bugged. If you run across one, please post in the Matrix support forum and/or email me, and I'll do my best to fix it.

Lou

Event Engineer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where's Lou when you need him?
Driving somewhere between California and New York.

-

No speed in the reply, but would like to look at the unfixed files myself - if possible. I had looked for it when it came up before, but used speeded up turns to generate an attempt at the result and did not get it.

Lou
----------------------------------
The TOAW is in the details.

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Ralph sent me a fixed SAL (should be with you, Wyatt) with the tantalising explanation that the disappearance of the Spanish OOB occured because the Polish Lodz Army had been destroyed before Warsaw fell. :nuts: :clown: :eek:

So that's all right then.