Offloading costs.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've had what I think is an interesting case pop up that I really can't find an applicable rule for. Am I missing something?

Using wagons to transport some SW. No crew or other Passengers. If I understand the Wagon rules correctly I can do so (never used that often) i.e. it has an inherent driver and doesn't need to have a unit possess it per se.

For the sake of the example the wagon moves 2 MF into the same location as a MMC counter which has not moved during that MPh. What are the costs involved to unload the SW.

The wagon rules reference trucks which of course go back to standard loading and offloading costs which are for Passengers/Riders which unless I am very mistaken are not the same as unpocessed SW.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Per D6.5 someone need to load onto the wagon to get those SW off.

"...SW carried by a vehicle’s Passenger PP capacity can be unloaded/Recovered only by Passengers of the same vehicle...."

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
so I played it wrong. Yeah I thought I might have. Thanks Klas!! So the jist is you can not have wagons, or trucks for that matter loaded with SW with no Passengers possessing them.

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
so I played it wrong. Yeah I thought I might have. Thanks Klas!! So the jist is you can not have wagons, or trucks for that matter loaded with SW with no Passengers possessing them.
Is that strictly true? Klas said the weapon can't unload by itself (or by the inherent crew.) Could a crew-passenger possessing a mortar unload from a truck dropping the mortar behin0d on the truck (to head offboard to satisfy some VP condition lets say?)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
You can have SW in trucks and wagons without passengers.
But it will require Infantry to load into the vehicles, then to unload with the SW, if you want the latter to be used by Infantry.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can have SW in trucks and wagons without passengers.
But it will require Infantry to load into the vehicles, then to unload with the SW, if you want the latter to be used by Infantry.
makes perfect sense. Thanks Robin! What tossed me off was the lack of finding anything that said SW alone could not be (un)loaded onto transports. But the costs associated of (un)loading were in terms of Passengers/Riders.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Look Kameraden, a truck has arrived with 400 Panzerfausts, quickly unload them! Schnell, schnell!! The Bolshevik tanks are coming!
But Feldwebel, we can't possibly unload them! It's verboten!
Why?
There are not enough PP left for us to mount the truck to unload them!

:rolleyes::facepalm:!

ASL Health and Safety gone mad!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Look Kameraden, a truck has arrived with 400 Panzerfausts, quickly unload them! Schnell, schnell!! The Bolshevik tanks are coming!
But Feldwebel, we can't possibly unload them! It's verboten!
Why?
There are not enough PP left for us to mount the truck to unload them!

:rolleyes::facepalm:!

ASL Health and Safety gone mad!
Safety First!