Official Manila errata, aka The Manila Envelope

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A friend of mine noted that Perry answered this question under the MMP ares - thread Manilla Questions - post 165. He answered for this they were not OG.

Please discuss with Perry so that everyone is in agreement.

thank you,
It is yet another case where Perry decided something without consulting me. I've sent my views to MMP....it is up to them to decide how to proceed.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I submitted the same QA at the weekend, also asking if a RB setup between road and roach with shell holes was HIP or not.
We have answered both Q&A that shellholes are Open Ground for this purpose.
I would like to keep this Manila Folder for actual errata.

cvetzor

Reaction score
First name
Thomas
Country
llUnited States
Ok I’m starting CG III. My idiot opponent is making the argument that the CCP purchases are available to be set up on board ( no extra 1 CCP per RG) and this is allowed by virtue of CCP’s being in the yellow box of initial forces .I argued that new purchases must follow CG 11 guidelines. my opponent is the JAPANESE by the way. I think I’m right but he will not accept my argument because of other CG mechanisms allowing purchases to be setup on board. Some validation of either position would be appreciated.

cvetzor

Reaction score
First name
Thomas
Country
llUnited States
Ok I’m starting CG III. My idiot opponent is making the argument that the CCP purchases are available to be set up on board ( no extra 1 CCP per RG) and this is allowed by virtue of CCP’s being in the yellow box of initial forces .I argued that new purchases must follow CG 11 guidelines. my opponent is the JAPANESE by the way. I think I’m right but he will not accept my argument because of other CG mechanisms allowing purchases to be setup on board. Some validation of either position would be appreciated.
Also I informed my opponent of the refit phase 20.620 thru 20.622 prior to initial scenario

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also I informed my opponent of the refit phase 20.620 thru 20.622 prior to initial scenario
Curious...fortifications are not listed in the Reinforcement Group Chart...so why would the restrictions of CG11 apply? The scenario is not generated until after the fortifications are purchased and so they can be placed on map then (or have their secret locations recorded prior to set up). SF:M follows the same procedures listed in RB 11.621.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Methinks you might be taking this "game" a tad too seriously....calling your opponent an idiot.

cvetzor

Reaction score
First name
Thomas
Country
llUnited States
Methinks you might be taking this "game" a tad too seriously....calling your opponent an idiot.
Should have put idiot in “ ”. Have played with this person for about 30 years. No despairing intent meant. But to the original question in regards to CCP purchased units. Are CCP purchases allowed to set up without paying the extra CCP point in the initial scenario ? My point is that barring paying the extra CCP the Japanese purchased RG must enter on or after the Japanese turn 1

cvetzor

Reaction score
First name
Thomas
Country
llUnited States
Should have put idiot in “ ”. Have played with this person for about 30 years. No despairing intent meant. But to the original question in regards to CCP purchased units. Are CCP purchases allowed to set up without paying the extra CCP point in the initial scenario ? My point is that barring paying the extra CCP the Japanese purchased RG must enter on or after the Japanese turn 1
Or am I having a brain fart

cvetzor

Reaction score
First name
Thomas
Country
llUnited States
Or am I having a brain fart
And
Curious...fortifications are not listed in the Reinforcement Group Chart...so why would the restrictions of CG11 apply? The scenario is not generated until after the fortifications are purchased and so they can be placed on map then (or have their secret locations recorded prior to set up). SF:M follows the same procedures listed in RB 11.621.
in regards to your question are not fortifications purchased with FPP’s then notated on a side record then revealed at the proper time according to the ASOP.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since the forts are purchased prior to the scenario being generated, they set up/are secretly recorded for that scenario. Your "idiot" is correct.....no extra cost for fortifications.....just RG's like infantry etc.

cvetzor

Reaction score
First name
Thomas
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for your reply. So most RGs either enter or can be set up on board for a extra CCP . Juse noticed that G type RG do not have a footnote allowing to be setup on board built in the cost. Therefore do guns ( not ob given but RG)have to be portaged in dm form or towed and or pushed on board or pay the extra cost.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for your reply. So most RGs either enter or can be set up on board for a extra CCP . Juse noticed that G type RG do not have a footnote allowing to be setup on board built in the cost. Therefore do guns ( not ob given but RG)have to be portaged in dm form or towed and or pushed on board or pay the extra cost.
Look under the Japanese RG Chart for note "a". You will notice it is not listed for any of the "G" gun RG's......so they do not pay extra and may set up on board, or you can manhandle/tow them on board if you wish.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I think what cvetzor was getting at is do the OOB given RG in the initial scenario have to pay extra for on map set up or is that extra cost already included with the given RG. Seeming to imply that it is only the RG which are purchased with CPP which have to pay extra to set up on map.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I think what cvetzor was getting at is do the OOB given RG in the initial scenario have to pay extra for on map set up or is that extra cost already included with the given RG. Seeming to imply that it is only the RG which are purchased with CPP which have to pay extra to set up on map.
If you buy e.g., Japanese "I"-type RG with the OB-given CPP, they will cost an extra CPP.