Official Manila errata, aka The Manila Envelope

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The second sentence of SF10 should read: “Mortars and AA Guns with an M# ≥10 may set up in a rooftop Location.”

The missing seventh line of the Intro to SF25 A Change In Goverment reads “followed by point blank fire from tanks, tank destroyers, and self-propelled mortars”.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Add the following to SF SSRs SF11:
"Every SMC stacked with a Commando MMC has scaling abilities, and every SMC generated by a Commando (in RePh purchase, or via Leader Generation or HOB) is a Commando."

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In scenario SF5 No Safe Refuge, in SSR 3, for dr 5 replace the ATR with an LMG.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Could you put all the generated Sword & Fire errata in the 'Rules and Errata' section of Gamesquad, please?
It's currently scattered in at least two sections [at least].

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The errata is all in this folder.
I’ll leave it to Admins on proper placement.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario SF9 First Do No Harm.....in the Victory Conditions it lists "33W77". Should read "3W77".
Also, in SSR 1 add the word "hexes" in between "of" and "3K64", so no one thinks it means placing blazes in all locations of those buildings.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This question is regarding SF 5 Fortifications. Are Shellholes considered Open Ground for Japanese fortification not being HIP.

Based on the ASLRB OG definition OG is based on where the -1 FFMO could apply - Shellholes get the -1 FFMO when a unit uses 1 MP to enter the hex (OG), but if using 2 MP to enter than the -1 FFMO does not apply.

I checked Klas errata and could not find anything clear on this subject. Please enlighten me - thank you!

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This question is regarding SF 5 Fortifications. Are Shellholes considered Open Ground for Japanese fortification not being HIP.

Based on the ASLRB OG definition OG is based on where the -1 FFMO could apply - Shellholes get the -1 FFMO when a unit uses 1 MP to enter the hex (OG), but if using 2 MP to enter than the -1 FFMO does not apply.

I checked Klas errata and could not find anything clear on this subject. Please enlighten me - thank you!
In short, in SF:M, shellholes are treated as Open Ground for Japanese Fortification placement. See footnote #3 and SF5. You could make a point for either case using the standard ASLRB, but this is how it was designed and intended for SF:M. Most Japanese fortifications were known well ahead of time by the Americans due to excellent intel from Filipino informants and aerial recon.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A friend of mine noted that Perry answered this question under the MMP ares - thread Manilla Questions - post 165. He answered for this they were not OG.

Please discuss with Perry so that everyone is in agreement.

thank you,