Official Manila errata, aka The Manila Envelope

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at the US RG groups V2 and V3. Are more AFV's granted those RG groups if they are depleted?
The number to the right of the slash is bigger than that to the left, on the right hand side of the semicolon
No US or IJA RG group expressed in this manner with the two components is shown this way

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not at all. It means you get 2 of the "weaker" tanks regardless, and you lose one of the "better" tanks if depleted... what am I not seeing that you are?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Not at all. It means you get 2 of the "weaker" tanks regardless, and you lose one of the "better" tanks if depleted... what am I not seeing that you are?
I think that's the intention...."2/2; 1/2" - i.e., the RED = full and the BLUE = depleted.....

However, the formatting doesn't really match with the rule:
"A Full-Strength RG receives the number (of specified units) listed to the left of the “/” in its respective RG chart and line; a Depleted RG receives the number listed to the right of the “/” (20.6203)."

I think a format of "2;2 / 1;2" - would have perhaps been better...

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, thanks for the replies. I agree as well what the intent is, makes no sense for a depleted group to have more. All good. Your feedback is appreciated.
Still, created some back and forth discussion with my IJA opponent, I may drop MMP a note regarding it, as its most likely a typo/error in the table.
Onward!

waltermcwilliam

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In scenario SF17 Assault Across The Pasig, all 6-6-7s should be 6-6-6s.
Playing this in two days an have a question about SSR4. Is this a separate, 3rd fire mission, discreet from the 2 fire missions in ssr5, which just keeps giving smoke until expended? Or, is it a 1 and done kind of thing?

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playing this in two days an have a question about SSR4. Is this a separate, 3rd fire mission, discreet from the 2 fire missions in ssr5, which just keeps giving smoke until expended? Or, is it a 1 and done kind of thing?
Separate, discreet, one-and-done.

seawolf72

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Steve
Country
llUnited States
Hey friends, in CG3 I had a sad immobilized tank on board 6 an the end of Phase 1. It did not roll a 6 to automatically go off into never-never land per CGIII.2 . It also did not, however, decide to repair its engine. Now that board 6 is gone from play, is the tank eliminated, or is it a retained immobilized tank that can never enter Phase 2 until if/when it re-mobilizes? Thanks very much!

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey friends, in CG3 I had a sad immobilized tank on board 6 an the end of Phase 1. It did not roll a 6 to automatically go off into never-never land per CGIII.2 . It also did not, however, decide to repair its engine. Now that board 6 is gone from play, is the tank eliminated, or is it a retained immobilized tank that can never enter Phase 2 until if/when it re-mobilizes? Thanks very much!
Gone from play......consider it towed to the rear for major repairs, and awaiting spare parts. Lots of other "toys" left to choose from for remainder of CG.

seawolf72

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Steve
Country
llUnited States
Hello again, question on CG9, which reads: 'CG9. CONCEALMENT: All Infantry (and their possessed Weapon) setting up in Concealment Terrain may always be set up concealed if out of enemy LOS. Otherwise, A12.12 applies normally. Other Eligible units may be concealed prior to the opponent viewing the setup. “?” purchased in the RePh are intended mainly for use as dummies. ' The first three sentences are very clear. We are a little perplexed by the last sentence - does that mean that ? purchased via fortification points cannot be used to conceal at start units? The word 'mainly' is what is throwing us off - if they cannot, dummies seem to be the only use for ? purchased in the RePh, and not very useful at that as any dummy stacks will be glaringly obvious... Thanks!

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello again, question on CG9, which reads: 'CG9. CONCEALMENT: All Infantry (and their possessed Weapon) setting up in Concealment Terrain may always be set up concealed if out of enemy LOS. Otherwise, A12.12 applies normally. Other Eligible units may be concealed prior to the opponent viewing the setup. “?” purchased in the RePh are intended mainly for use as dummies. ' The first three sentences are very clear. We are a little perplexed by the last sentence - does that mean that ? purchased via fortification points cannot be used to conceal at start units? The word 'mainly' is what is throwing us off - if they cannot, dummies seem to be the only use for ? purchased in the RePh, and not very useful at that as any dummy stacks will be glaringly obvious... Thanks!
Use them however you want.